Cambodia Visa Extension (agency or do it yourself?)

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
fitnesspm
Tourist
Australia

Cambodia Visa Extension (agency or do it yourself?)

Post by fitnesspm »

I couldn't find the information when I did a search on this forum!

I've done a Duckduckgo search and found conflicting information. Some say it's a lot of trouble to get a visa extension and to go through an agency while others said it's easy to do it yourself in 2019.

I've been quoted by my Hotel for a 30 visa extension (10 days) for $55. From what I've been told it's only $30 if I do it myself but it can take 2-3 weeks? Some sites say 2-4 days??

Should I do it myself or through an agency?
What is the cost for 30 days visa extension?
How long does it take?
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Visa Extension (agency or do it yourself?)

Post by DaveG »

fitnesspm wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:40 pm I couldn't find the information when I did a search on this forum!

I've done a Duckduckgo search and found conflicting information. Some say it's a lot of trouble to get a visa extension and to go through an agency while others said it's easy to do it yourself in 2019.

I've been quoted by my Hotel for a 30 visa extension (10 days) for $55. From what I've been told it's only $30 if I do it myself but it can take 2-3 weeks? Some sites say 2-4 days??

Should I do it myself or through an agency?
What is the cost for 30 days visa extension?
How long does it take?
https://www.movetocambodia.com/planning ... #extending

What city are you in.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

What type of visa do you currently have?

Which part of Cambodia are you in?

By the sounds of it, you may be on a Tourist Visa and only want a 1 month extension of stay (which is the max for a Tourist Visa).

If that's the case, I would advise just using a visa agent, maximum you should pay is $45. Allow at least 7 - 14 days.

It's only really beneficial to apply yourself directly at the Department of Immigration if applying for a 6 or 12 month EOS.
fitnesspm
Tourist
Australia

Post by fitnesspm »

I'm in PP.

I got a normal 30 day visa on arrival at the airport.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

fitnesspm wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:02 pm I'm in PP.

I got a normal 30 day visa on arrival at the airport.
There’s no ‘normal visa’ class in Cambodia. If you want help, you need to be more specific.
fitnesspm
Tourist
Australia

Post by fitnesspm »

I don't have a clue what they gave me at the airport. I joined a line with everyone else, gave my passport and they said to wait at the collection window with another line. They never asked about what visa I wanted where I only took about 5 minutes. I paid about $35US for 30 days (I'm Australian).

What about my Thai girlfriend who is on 14 days? What are my options for her? Can I apply for an Evisa for her?
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon »

fitnesspm wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:20 am I don't have a clue what they gave me at the airport. I joined a line with everyone else, gave my passport and they said to wait at the collection window with another line. They never asked about what visa I wanted where I only took about 5 minutes. I paid about $35US for 30 days (I'm Australian).

What about my Thai girlfriend who is on 14 days? What are my options for her? Can I apply for an Evisa for her?
It's up to you to figure out whether you got an extendable $35 "ordinary" visa on arrival or a non-extendable $30 tourist visa. Did you check tourist visa on the form or ordinary visa?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Sweet Lemon wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:00 am
fitnesspm wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:20 am I don't have a clue what they gave me at the airport. I joined a line with everyone else, gave my passport and they said to wait at the collection window with another line. They never asked about what visa I wanted where I only took about 5 minutes. I paid about $35US for 30 days (I'm Australian).

It's up to you to figure out whether you got an extendable $35 "ordinary" visa on arrival or a non-extendable $30 tourist visa. Did you check tourist visa on the form or ordinary visa?
I think you might be wrong there.

The 30 day Tourist visa can be extended for 30 days.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

When all else fails read the government of Cambodia law (Ministry of Foreign affairs and International Co-operation) re: visa regulations.
:hattip:
You could be next.
yongchi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by yongchi »

Locate the number on your visa. It should be printed on the left side. If it is prefixed by a T, it’s a tourist visa. Ordinary visas are prefixed by an E.

About your girlfriend’s 14-day-entry, I don’t know. I would use a travel agent if you only want a month’s extension. They should also be able to tell you what options your girlfriend has.

Almost all travel agents should be able to help to extend a tourist visa and advise on your girlfriend’s options.

If you are in Phnom Penh and don’t have a travel agent close by, you could try CINA Travel on St. 130 or Lucky Lucky Motorcycles on Monivong. Just Google to see which one is closer.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic