Hanami Buffet, Corner of Street 63 and MTT Blvd

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Hanami Buffet, Corner of Street 63 and MTT Blvd

Post by logos »

Name: Hanami Buffet
Address: #23, Street 63 Corner 245, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Phone: 070 389 100
[Admin Edit: Added Structured Information]

The changed managers about a month ago but it remains an excellent choice if you like Japanese food that is not limited to sushi.

Has anybody tried their lunch yet?

They currently have an offer for about $6, I'm very much tempted to try it out today. If it is anything like in the evening, with soft drinks and ice & hot coffee included and an okay range of desserts, it would be hard to beat.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Hanami buffet 63/MTT

Post by kiwiincambodia »

I like this place and so does the wife. We eat here for dinner at lest once a month and it is great value. Never done the lunch buffet but I believe it is just a more limited selection from the dinner service. If you do try the lunch let us know what it's like.

Last time we went they had reinstated the bottomless Angkor draft as well for like a extra $1.

Everything from sushi to steaks to noodles. There is a great pizza and pasta station as well if sushi is not your thing.

Well worth it and great value for money.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I always assumed it was a bad khmer copy with food that was as Japanese as a Scottish farmer's haggis because of the outside decor. I'll have to try it out. How much for evenings? Is it only a buffet or do they have set meals?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

It's only a buffet.

Prices vary depending to include some extras. Like sake and custom sushi from the chef.

From memory between $18 - $30.

We normally go for the $20 odd dollar set. Which is just the standard buffet available. Like I said it's well with a try. There a defiantly better places to go for sushi but this is still very good value for money and still decent food.
SockPuppet
Expatriate
Honduras

Post by SockPuppet »

I tried their lunch a couple of months ago (so could be different now if they changed management recently).
It was great - from memory it was 9 dollars on a public holiday. I think it's just like dinner minus sashimi and most sushi, they serve some rolls. But everything else was great: fresh soups, fresh tempuras, different stir fries, good selection of deserts, coffee, tea and other drinks (didn't ask about beer). You can order pizza etc. Definitely good value.

Thanks for a reminder - should go there for lunch soon.
Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

kiwiincambodia wrote:...Like I said it's well with a try. There a defiantly better places to go for sushi but this is still very good value for money and still decent food.
Good motto for CEO: "We're defiantly better!"
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Is it a weekday only special?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

No everyday.
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

Lunch buffet is $9. Dinner is $18. Includes sushi, pasta, pizza, and lots of assorted Asian and western dishes, plus nonalcoholic drinks. Great value, and fairly good quality food. Also all you can drink Angkor draft for $1.50. The Italian food is not very good, but the rest is fine. The missus and I have made it a once a month pig out ritual. Also a great place to take the relatives to try other kinds of cuisine; there's always something they'll enjoy.
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

They have changed prices and format since then. It's now a tiered buffet with 3 options at different prices.

Not sure about lunch though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic