Mr Koy's Barbequed Dog is Popular in Svay Rieng, But Have You Tried the Dog Intestine Curry ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Mr Koy's Barbequed Dog is Popular in Svay Rieng, But Have You Tried the Dog Intestine Curry ?

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News (Svay Reing): Dog barbeque is popular for people in Svay Rieng, and especially with people who like to eat dog meat. (sic)

Mr. Koy, the owner of the shop, said that he and his wife opened a dog barbeque restaurant three years ago and it was good business. There were many people like to eat dog meat. He sold about 10 kgs of dog every day.
However, for some reason,this year Mr. Koy's business is going down and is not as good as the previous year. Before, he used to sell two dogs per day. He has two appetizing dog dishes on the menu: barbecued dog and the dog intestine curry. Both meals cost 10,000 riels a plate.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Mr Koy's Barbequed Dog is Popular in Svay Rieng, But Have You Tried the Dog Intestine Curry ?

Post by angkorjohn2 »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:07 pm Image
Cambodia Breaking News (Svay Reing): Dog barbeque is popular for people in Svay Rieng, and especially with people who like to eat dog meat. (sic)

Mr. Koy, the owner of the shop, said that he and his wife opened a dog barbeque restaurant three years ago and it was good business. There were many people like to eat dog meat. He sold about 10 kgs of dog every day.
However, for some reason,this year Mr. Koy's business is going down and is not as good as the previous year. Before, he used to sell two dogs per day. He has two appetizing dog dishes on the menu: barbecued dog and the dog intestine curry. Both meals cost 10,000 riels a plate.
I'd be interested to know the source (sauce?) of this story
As a fairly frequent visitor to Say Rieng Town I don't recall seeing it as a dish served or popular unless it is a smaller town but save for Bavet there aren't many places I could think of that would be big enough to warrant a breaking news story....
Terry Fishsauce
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Mr Koy's Barbequed Dog is Popular in Svay Rieng, But Have You Tried the Dog Intestine Curry ?

Post by Terry Fishsauce »

Are the dogs tortured to death like they are in Korea and China?
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:44 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:07 pm Image

I'd be interested to know the source (sauce?) of this story
As a fairly frequent visitor to Say Rieng Town I don't recall seeing it as a dish served or popular unless it is a smaller town but save for Bavet there aren't many places I could think of that would be big enough to warrant a breaking news story....
I don't know about Say Riemg but when you drive to aeon mall 2 you pass at least 3 places that serve dog on a spit.
just noise, white noise
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Forgot to add pic. See my previous post. At least 3 places that sell roasted dog on that road.
just noise, white noise
jrjrjr
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jrjrjr »

Terry Fishsauce wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:57 pm Are the dogs tortured to death like they are in Korea and China?
yes ! i watched a video where they cut dog dogs legs alive. What retarded cannibals they are !
In 2019 it's time to accept that their "culture" is $hit and these people should be jailed.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I've seen them just whack the dogs over the head with a stick seems to work
No difference than killing pigs chickens ducks or even fish it's violent but that's life
Watch a few nature programs and see how cruel life and death can be all animals are eaten alive
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
jrjrjr
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jrjrjr »

atst wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:03 am I've seen them just whack the dogs over the head with a stick seems to work
No difference than killing pigs chickens ducks or even fish it's violent but that's life
Watch a few nature programs and see how cruel life and death can be all animals are eaten alive

No, I said that they cut them alive. Anybody killing animals slowly is a dlckhead and should be shot dead.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

When I first started visiting Cambodia there were a lot of places cooking whole calves on spits.

The clergy put a stop to it as a barbaric practise that reflected badly on the country.

It was kind of a bizarre sight.

I don't recall noticing many dog restaurants until perhaps 5 years ago.

Maybe the monks could stop this dog eating too.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I've seen a few whole calves on spits not long ago so don't think its stopped, don't understand how it's barbaric the calves would be dead before being put on the spit
What's the difference between chicken,pigs, cows, or dog's on a spit
It's how the animals are killed that's the problem and it should not be cruel.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic