Vote GOP or America will end up with Pol Pot running the country

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Vote GOP or America will end up with Pol Pot running the country

Post by sigmoid »

No Matter Who Wins in 2020, There Will Be Blood
By William L. Gensert

https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... blood.html

A brief synopsis:

Trump Wins

Should Donald Trump prevail in his bid for a second term, the left will go insane.

The riots will be portrayed by the media and the Democrats as a groundswell of support for deposing a racist president.

People who fight back will quickly grow in number -- even as the media label them “white supremacists.”

Trump Loses

The right will never believe the Democrats didn’t cheat their way to victory; in addition to understanding that a Democratic President will undemocratically implement policies by executive order that are inimical to their interests and desires.

Eventually, the president will overreach, signing an order for gun confiscation, euphemistically called, “mandatory buybacks.” Antifa and their ilk will flood the streets in support of seizing these “weapons of war.” Media will declare, “It’s the will of the people.”

The president will call for mobilizing the National Guard. Some governors will refuse, and army units now overseas will be sent home to deal with the growing unrest. Mistakes will be made and there will be gunfire in the streets; people will die on both sides. The president will desperately call for martial law.

Many Army, National Guard, and police will defect, or desert, or simply refuse orders.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

^^^
Very insightful - comes from a publication called "American Thinker"

:ROFL:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I don't go for this US backed coup against Sihanouk BS. For starters, it was a constitutional coup, the prince's policies in recent times had caused some concern amongst the populace and he was spending a whole lot of time abroad on medical check-ups so his cabinet voted him out. Some Mike Force/ CIDG forces were flown into Phnom Penh within a few days so this led to some conjecture. Beyond this there was no big plan, it took months before any arms/materiel was delivered in any sizable quantities to the soon to be beleaguered FANK, and years to train them to be an effective force. I believe there was collusion between COSVN officers and Lon Nol before the "coup" but it wasn't sanctioned from above. Of course when the opportunity arose it did suit the US aims to have a pro-US leader in power, but I don't believe they were behind the March 18th events. They weren't against them either, but neither was most of the urban population of Cambodia. :roll:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

I generally agree JB, that there was no direct specific, high level, US intervention in the coup.
Except maybe/probably for some slightly off-reservation assistance. "Special Forces" I just read recently was pinged as being directly involved in some small ways, by an authoritative source.

But the coup was an inevitable part of the tide coming in, as the flood of the US/VN war was rolled over Cambodia.
It would not have happened without that US push. And it was not supported by a large majority of Cambodian people.

As i understand it, only.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

For interest only (not to reinforce my point) HE weighed in on this one yesterday;

“Cambodia doesn’t want to see a democratic region like the EU make a third mistake on Cambodia.
The first mistake was when European countries supported a military coup in the 1970’s,
the second, they supported the Khmer Rouge regime for more than a decade, especially at the United Nations
and the third will be the EBA removal
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic