British ANDREW PHILIP WEBB Asks Cambodian Immigration to Send Him Home

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

British ANDREW PHILIP WEBB Asks Cambodian Immigration to Send Him Home

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News (Phnom Penh): On September 11, 2019, at 11:10 am, a 24-year-old British man, ANDREW PHILIP WEBB, went to the Investigation and Procedure Office at the Immigration Department asking for help to send him back to England.

The British man came to Cambodia as a tourist in May 2019, through Phnom Penh International Airport. Subsequently, he says he lost his passport and overstayed his tourist visa. He now doesn't have enough money to renew his visa, so he decided to go to the Cambodian immigration authorities to ask them to send him home.

The overstaying Brit was therefore sent to the Immigration Department to follow the legal procedure.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: British ANDREW PHILIP WEBB Asks Cambodian Immigration to Send Him Home

Post by cptrelentless »

Good luck with that one, mate.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Total surrender. of all responsibility, of all life spirit, of everything.
I am helpless, i cannot lift a finger, restore me to the crib. You.

He looks a bit limp to me, to be polite.
He is getting zero respect from the immigration guys too. they look pissed off.
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon »

I'm skeptical that all these foreigners are voluntarily handing themselves in to the police and asking them for help getting home.

I think the police are rounding up homeless Westerners and then asking them "Do you want to stay in immigration jail forever or go home?"

Then they are telling the press that these guys turned themselves in.
Comrade Elmo Felo
Expatriate

Post by Comrade Elmo Felo »

He hung out on 51 playing a guitar.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Sweet Lemon wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:50 pm I'm skeptical that all these foreigners are voluntarily handing themselves in to the police and asking them for help getting home.

I think the police are rounding up homeless Westerners and then asking them "Do you want to stay in immigration jail forever or go home?"

Then they are telling the press that these guys turned themselves in.
Yes, it could be a new trend, this " voluntarily handing themselves in to the police", or as you say, it could be what the police are telling reporters. But, I don't see why they would, since every arrest gives them status. Why would they hide that ?

I'm still interested in how this works and who pays for the deportation. And do the Cambodians send them to their home countries or just back to Thailand or their last port of call ?
In Europe you will be deported to the country that you last arrived from. I don't know what the agreements are between SEA countries, but I suspect that a lot of broke barangs arrive from Thailand and are sent back there for the Thais to deal with. Just wondering.
If this keeps up, in future, we (foreigners) may all be asked to show return tickets when we arrive in the KOW.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

How do all these idiots lose their passports?
You could be next.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:24 pm He looks a bit limp to me, to be polite.
He is getting zero respect from the immigration guys too. they look pissed off.
They must be pissed off, another pitiful and penniless mouth to feed. He could at least have turned up with a few snacks and a case of ABC.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Lost50
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lost50 »

These people handing themselves in are truly pathetic.
No doubt the cops will get pissed at this expectation by so many to provide food, support & repatriation.

Kick em in the junk & sling them in a filthy cell.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Lost50 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:37 pm These people handing themselves in are truly pathetic.
No doubt the cops will get pissed at this expectation by so many to provide food, support & repatriation.

Kick em in the junk & sling them in a filthy cell.
Don't get too excited. The immigration police will contact the parents of the millennial snowflakes and money will roll in to cover for all.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic