British ANDREW PHILIP WEBB Asks Cambodian Immigration to Send Him Home

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: British ANDREW PHILIP WEBB Asks Cambodian Immigration to Send Him Home

Post by John Bingham »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:06 pm
Lost50 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:37 pm These people handing themselves in are truly pathetic.
No doubt the cops will get pissed at this expectation by so many to provide food, support & repatriation.

Kick em in the junk & sling them in a filthy cell.
Don't get too excited. The immigration police will contact the parents of the millennial snowflakes and money will roll in to cover for all.
I don't think that's always a given. I'd guess anyone desperate enough to do this has burnt all their bridges long ago.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Terry Fishsauce
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Terry Fishsauce »

It must be a case of "I've tried nothing and I'm all out of ideas".
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:24 pm Total surrender. of all responsibility, of all life spirit, of everything.
I am helpless, i cannot lift a finger, restore me to the crib. You.

He looks a bit limp to me, to be polite.
He is getting zero respect from the immigration guys too. they look pissed off.
It does get a little tiresome, when they've run out of dosh, and figure that they will get someone else to take responsibility for their actions.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:41 pm
Kammekor wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:06 pm
Lost50 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:37 pm These people handing themselves in are truly pathetic.
No doubt the cops will get pissed at this expectation by so many to provide food, support & repatriation.

Kick em in the junk & sling them in a filthy cell.
Don't get too excited. The immigration police will contact the parents of the millennial snowflakes and money will roll in to cover for all.
I don't think that's always a given. I'd guess anyone desperate enough to do this has burnt all their bridges long ago.
No not always. Just check the pictures again. This snowflake is far from hitting the bottom of the barrel.
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

Immigration officers definitely not looking as friendly as usual. Almost as though they got a memo to look less accommodating.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

They are upset because CEO news doesn’t refer to them as cute immigration.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

fax wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:18 am They are upset because CEO news doesn’t refer to them as cute immigration.
You gotta smile if wanna be cute.

They are much cuter when in the presence of a real man.
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:03 am
Dr. Ifter
Tourist

Post by Dr. Ifter »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:26 pm
Sweet Lemon wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:50 pm I'm skeptical that all these foreigners are voluntarily handing themselves in to the police and asking them for help getting home.

I think the police are rounding up homeless Westerners and then asking them "Do you want to stay in immigration jail forever or go home?"

Then they are telling the press that these guys turned themselves in.
Yes, it could be a new trend, this " voluntarily handing themselves in to the police", or as you say, it could be what the police are telling reporters. But, I don't see why they would, since every arrest gives them status. Why would they hide that ?

I'm still interested in how this works and who pays for the deportation. And do the Cambodians send them to their home countries or just back to Thailand or their last port of call ?
In Europe you will be deported to the country that you last arrived from. I don't know what the agreements are between SEA countries, but I suspect that a lot of broke barangs arrive from Thailand and are sent back there for the Thais to deal with. Just wondering.
If this keeps up, in future, we (foreigners) may all be asked to show return tickets when we arrive in the KOW.
I got the third degree a few weeks ago flying from Bangkok back to PP, Thai airways wanted to see a return ticket leaving Cambodia, I had a new passport so no previous Cambodian visa in it. They weren't going to let me fly without a ticket exiting Cambodia, after reviewing my Khmer driving licence, ABA card, photo of lease agreement and showing enough cash, they spent 10 mins debating and phoning superiors before giving me my boarding pass. Hopefully not a new trend initiated due to Thailand receiving too many 'return to senders' handing themselves in to Cambodian immigration.
MarkRobinson
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by MarkRobinson »

:dragonchase: Another amature, lightweight bites the dust .This is the " Premier league " ,subsequently 3rd Division players can not /will not last long.We have done the hard yards,been ripped off ,had our hearts ( & wallets smashed ) but we carry on ,cause we are Top - shelf players.
"The Truth ,The whole truth " & nothing but the T R U T H ,Galbelly for the Defense.🍇
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic