Sexual health clinics in PP

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Sexual health clinics in PP

Post by LIVIDZX »

Should you wear a condom every time you have sex here? Sure, but it really isn't the end of the world if you forget or don't do it on the odd occasion. Put it this way, and this isn't a brag.... I haven't "wrapped up" in about five years purely because it's an instant hard on killer for me, don' t get me wrong I'm not the type to go out and take a girl home every other night... I've barebacked around 25-30 local girls in those 5 years, probably around 25% were bar girls/hookers. I got the clap once and nipped into the pharmacy next door for antibiotics which cost less than a dollar and it was gone within 2 days. I get tested every so often of course as that would be risking others health which would be a shitty thing to do.

OP seriously don't beat yourself up. The responses on here are just way too over the top, people talk about HIV but unless you're using used needles or getting f*cked by a ladyboy you really shouldn't be that concerned, having vaginal sex with a girl who HAS HIV give you only a 0.04% chance of catching it, and that's if you're insanely unlucky enough to go with a girl who has it!

0.04%... I wouldn't even put it in the top ten irresponsible things you could do here in the kingdom. Besides HIV isn't even the death sentence it once was, you can now live 20 years longer than any age I'd ever want to live at tbh, the only soul crushing thing about getting it is the stigma around it.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

LIVIDZX wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:44 pm Should you wear a condom every time you have sex here? Sure, but it really isn't the end of the world if you forget or don't do it on the odd occasion. Put it this way, and this isn't a brag.... I haven't "wrapped up" in about five years purely because it's an instant hard on killer for me, don' t get me wrong I'm not the type to go out and take a girl home every other night... I've barebacked around 25-30 local girls in those 5 years, probably around 25% were bar girls/hookers.
And how many of those girls were using contraception? Do you know for sure that non of the girls ended up pregnant?
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Lividzx please stop dishing out really really bad advice. I’m horrified at your lack of responsibility.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:53 pm But why are foreigners coming to Cambodia to have unprotected sex ? Holy fk. :facepalm:
And they are riding in tuktuks and moto taxis instead of in a Grab Prius with the seat belt done up.
It's just a matter of individuals making their own choices. This forum is great because it helps us make informed choices.
When you look at the data on foreigners coming to serious harm in Cambodia, I would suggest that the most dangerous thing is illicit drug use, followed by road accidents. I haven't heard of many dying from unprotected sex.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:28 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:53 pm But why are foreigners coming to Cambodia to have unprotected sex ? Holy fk. :facepalm:
And they are riding in tuktuks and moto taxis instead of in a Grab Prius with the seat belt done up.
It's just a matter of individuals making their own choices. This forum is great because it helps us make informed choices.
When you look at the data on foreigners coming to serious harm in Cambodia, I would suggest that the most dangerous thing is illicit drug use, followed by road accidents. I haven't heard of many dying from unprotected sex.
I personally wouldn't condone unprotected sex in those situations mentioned however you make a good point about our life choices coz for example, I risk it everyday on my moto. Heck, you can be knocked over as a pedestrian too.

Nevertheless, I think one would be foolish to automatically accept % stats for HIV infection quoted here for the local context and accepting the inference there is very little risk and hence one can be complacent. Do your own research or if unsure..better still..play it safe and protect both parties. And let's not forget there are a lot of other nasty STDs too eg syphilis and gonorrhea.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

armchairlawyer wrote:
When someone goes without protection they are making choices for other people too.

How many have kids running out that they don’t know about?
How many are carrying STD’s that they don’t know about?

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:50 pm How many have kids running out that they don’t know about?
How many are carrying STD’s that they don’t know about?
Ha, a Khmer woman is not shy about letting a foreign guy know if she thinks she has been impregnated by him. Also don't forget she agreed to the unprotected sex. And condoms are not the only means of contraception, ask a good Catholic!
For STIs, regular checks are in order for good sexual health.
You can kill someone by not wearing a seat belt in a vehicle and smashing into them with your head. There is risk everywhere.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:26 pm For STIs, regular checks are in order for good sexual health.
Bearing in mind that that approach is reactive rather than proactive :hattip:
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:43 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:26 pm For STIs, regular checks are in order for good sexual health.
In case of the clap a condom doesn't provide full protection. Just sayin'...
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:43 pm
True, but this is part of the strategy in the West, i.e. promote good sexual health in a variety of ways. Why should it be different in Cambodia?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic