US review ranks Thailand’s healthcare sixth best in the world

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

US review ranks Thailand’s healthcare sixth best in the world

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Thailand is gaining worldwide recognition for the quality of its healthcare services, according to the Public Health Ministry. Photo: Bangkok Post / file

By Bangkok Post
Tuesday 10 September 2019

BANGKOK: Thailand is gaining worldwide recognition for the quality of its healthcare services, after the US magazine CEOWORLD placed Thailand sixth in its’ 2019 list of countries with the best healthcare systems, the Public Health Ministry said.

According to CEOWORLD, which published the list early last month, Thailand was among the few Asian countries which managed to enter the top 10 in 2019, along with South Korea in second place and Japan in third place.

European countries dominate the list, with Austria leading at fourth place, followed by Denmark (5th), Spain (7th), France (8th) and Belgium (9th).

Full https://www.thephuketnews.com/us-review ... zcQt1Lc.97
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: US review ranks Thailand’s healthcare sixth best in the world

Post by Spigzy »

Source: https://ceoworld.biz/2019/08/05/reveale ... tems-2019/

I happen to think the NHS (UK) is a load of bloody rubbish; but somebody please tell me how this rating system worked as the figures just don't stack up with the ranking to my mind ...
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

What magazine is this? Health magazine?
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

CEOWorld has also recently published the best law schools, film schools, fashion schools, business schools, hospitality, etc., according to a link list at the bottom. So I'm giving this health index report a grade of 4/10, with recommendations for undergoing a delusional therapy program.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Spigzy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:59 am Source: https://ceoworld.biz/2019/08/05/reveale ... tems-2019/

I happen to think the NHS (UK) is a load of bloody rubbish; but somebody please tell me how this rating system worked as the figures just don't stack up with the ranking to my mind ...
Very simple. The answer is, what's in a word?

There's a big difference between 'services' and 'systems'. The ceoworld article is about healthcare systems, not the quality of healthcare services.

:hattip:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic