Freelancers, GSM, Hostess Bars. Will escorts be Next

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
User avatar
Kuroneko
Expatriate
Posts: 3050
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 11:18 am
Reputation: 414

Re: Freelancers, GSM, Hostess Bars. Will escorts be Next

Post by Kuroneko » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:08 pm

NokTang wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:Many Business men use escorts for more than just SEX,
I have known a few
they want someone they can take to dinner, Perhaps a business dinner, show them around, carry on a conversation, have a good time.
sex maybe, but its more than that,
an hence reason many escorts are NOT in their early 20's
If you show up at a business dinner with a hooker, I seriously doubt the other businessmen/women will be impressed....

Carry on a conversation?......about what? landing on comets in outer space? The value of the Baht to the USD?

Sex maybe?.........they are in the prostitution business, is that really going to remain confusing and in doubt?

If you are staying at a four or five star hotel, you generally have your shit together as far as being shown around town, but I'll leave that up to you and the readers....to me it's sort of silly.
You seem to be of the opinion that anyone working in the "water trade" as the Japanese put it are little more than uneducated street hookers, while in fact many of the girls working in the escort business are well educated and very interesting and articulate women catering for equally discerning customers. Your disparaging remarks about the girls intelligence and education, which is in fact a separate issue to her occupation, indicates you have had little contact with this type of woman and you are just projecting your imaginings on the situation rather than depicting fact. For example here you state:
"Carry on a conversation?......about what? landing on comets in outer space? The value of the Baht to the USD?

Sex maybe?.........they are in the prostitution business, is that really going to remain confusing and in doubt? "

Here you are just being sarcastic and condescending, and also dismissive of the particular girls intelligence. You for some reason cannot grasp that there are in fact educated girls working in the industry. For example one girl I knew in Bangkok was completing her MBa and did "freelance' escort work as opposed to "freelancing sex'', to finance her studies and was a great girl to take around town and interesting conversationalist. Conversation does not need to be "in depth" to be interesting or enjoyable, it could be as simple as discussing the food or wine, although with this lady it was often about her studies and aspirations and occasionally Thai politics and the Monarchy.

The value of this type of girl is that you can have an instant relationship with an attractive and intelligent girl for a time limited period, with the accent on "instant time limited relationship" as opposed to just having sex. If you are not the type of person that values this kind of service then it makes sense not to use it. I on occasions however find it useful, for example previously when I had to fly to Canberra or Sydney for briefings I would often get an escort for the evening. Generally briefing trips are on a tight schedule and fairly intense, with little time for relaxation. Organising an escort means I am assured of an interesting and lively companion for dinner and evening entertainment before having to fly out next day. This makes a lot of sense to me and to many working in similar situations.

Of course if you are the sort of guy primarily interested in sex and don't particularly value the sort of evenings entertainment previously mentioned, you could just dial for a hooker to come to your room. Or if I was of a similar mindset I would just wait until I arrived home in Phnom Penh.
NokTang
Expatriate
Posts: 406
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:19 pm
Reputation: 1

Re: Freelancers, GSM, Hostess Bars. Will escorts be Next

Post by NokTang » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:51 pm

Kuroneko wrote: You seem to be of the opinion that anyone working in the "water trade" as the Japanese put it are little more than uneducated street hookers, while in fact many of the girls working in the escort business are well educated and very interesting and articulate women catering for equally discerning customers..

Thank you for not resorting to blatant childlike personal attacks and name calling.

The fact you think using an "escort" service, and paying triple upwards for her(or his) company makes you "discerning" is where we part company. Yes, they are under educated, repeat under educated made up street hookers. No more, no less. I never put them down. Show us where I did that? The fact there are guys out there like you willing to pay such sums to be talked to means of course I don't blame them for doing it and actually consider them smart!
NokTang
Expatriate
Posts: 406
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:19 pm
Reputation: 1

Re: Freelancers, GSM, Hostess Bars. Will escorts be Next

Post by NokTang » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:58 pm

Kuroneko wrote: while in fact many of the girls working in the escort business are well educated and very interesting and articulate women catering for equally discerning customers. .
Again, to emphasize, the only thing that makes you an "equally discerning customer" is your willingness to pay triple upwards. Any idiot or "scumbag" can pay the money and instantly become something special in his own mind only. To the girl, you/he remain a customer and nothing more. This is even more true in Thailand as westerners are not accepted as equal to Thai people and she is crossing a big levy by "catering" to aka fucking same. Even her going with Japanese and Koreans is frowned upon by other Thai people, HiSo people of course I mean. That's clear in the Stickman article as well to the point of one girls saying she was wearing a disguise in the photograph.
User avatar
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Posts: 755
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 9:50 am
Reputation: 11
Nigeria

Re: Freelancers, GSM, Hostess Bars. Will escorts be Next

Post by Garry.Crabtree » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:16 pm

Garry.Crabtree wrote:There are quite a few western girls around town with bodies of a twenty year old escort.
Just a shame its a Ford Escort!
Hey if she was an Norwegian hooker she would have been a Fjord Escort.
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
User avatar
Kuroneko
Expatriate
Posts: 3050
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 11:18 am
Reputation: 414

Re: Freelancers, GSM, Hostess Bars. Will escorts be Next

Post by Kuroneko » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:02 pm

NokTang wrote:
Kuroneko wrote: while in fact many of the girls working in the escort business are well educated and very interesting and articulate women catering for equally discerning customers. .
Again, to emphasize, the only thing that makes you an "equally discerning customer" is your willingness to pay triple upwards. Any idiot or "scumbag" can pay the money and instantly become something special in his own mind only. To the girl, you/he remain a customer and nothing more. This is even more true in Thailand as westerners are not accepted as equal to Thai people and she is crossing a big levy by "catering" to aka fucking same. Even her going with Japanese and Koreans is frowned upon by other Thai people, HiSo people of course I mean. That's clear in the Stickman article as well to the point of one girls saying she was wearing a disguise in the photograph.
Discerning in this instance refers to the willingness to pay for a specific product fulfilling stipulated criteria. And discerning means you can differentiate between products that meet the criteria and those that don't. You seem to miss the point about educated. I was paying for a woman who has a tertiary education and could converse at suitable level, and be an interesting partner for the evening, not someone with little or no education who no more than someone who would be only there for sex.

If the girl meets the criteria I pay for it if she doesn't I reject. Of course ''any idiot or scum bag can pay money and instantly become something special in his own mind "as you put it, but in this case the person may not be particularly discerning and end up with a poor product which because he has paid a lot thinks it is special. What one could call a "nouveau riche" mentality.

Also the women I was referring to were in Sydney and Canberra and not the type referred to in Stickman, which incidentally appear to fulfill a similar role to Cambodian hostesses, but for a higher price. Of course one girl I mentioned was from Bangkok but again she was tertiary educated and erudite. As I mentioned I was paying for an interesting time limited relationship not just for sex. Again nothing wrong with paying for just sex if that''s what you want. The important point is to know exactly what you want and make sure it meets your criteria. And of course pay the appropriate price.

A point about being a customer. Of course you are a customer. I dont think there is any doubt in any ones mind about that. She is an actress, you pay for a performance, if that performance is good and meets all your criteria, great. You get the performance she gets the money and everyone is happy. Another important point is at the end of the performance thats it, no commitment you walk away with a happy memory.
User avatar
frank lee bent
Expatriate
Posts: 9415
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 4:10 am
Reputation: 1019
Australia

Re: Freelancers, GSM, Hostess Bars. Will escorts be Next

Post by frank lee bent » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:09 pm

pics or it didn't happen

u no da roolz
NokTang
Expatriate
Posts: 406
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:19 pm
Reputation: 1

Re: Freelancers, GSM, Hostess Bars. Will escorts be Next

Post by NokTang » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:30 pm

Kuroneko wrote: And discerning means you can differentiate between products that meet the criteria and those that don't.
Hi.

1. Girls aren't "products".

2. How, please explain, do you make this criteria decision based upon a web site advertisement? or in Australia are you suggesting you get to call the girl on the phone and talk to her about her interests etc. before making the escort decision? (maybe you can do this in Bangkok as well, I don't know. And FYI and that of the members, they have escorts in Pattaya as well.)

Lastly for now (going to dinner with a street hooker), check out http://www.sex141.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; most the girls are listed anyhow to speak English! I have no financial interest in said web site, just find it interesting.
User avatar
Kuroneko
Expatriate
Posts: 3050
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 11:18 am
Reputation: 414

Re: Freelancers, GSM, Hostess Bars. Will escorts be Next

Post by Kuroneko » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:41 am

NokTang wrote:
Kuroneko wrote: And discerning means you can differentiate between products that meet the criteria and those that don't.
Hi.

1. Girls aren't "products".

2. How, please explain, do you make this criteria decision based upon a web site advertisement? or in Australia are you suggesting you get to call the girl on the phone and talk to her about her interests etc. before making the escort decision? (maybe you can do this in Bangkok as well, I don't know. And FYI and that of the members, they have escorts in Pattaya as well.)

Lastly for now (going to dinner with a street hooker), check out http://www.sex141.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; most the girls are listed anyhow to speak English! I have no financial interest in said web site, just find it interesting.
1. I was referring to their service as a product and conflating products/services. To be correct I should have said "And discerning means you can differentiate between "services" that meet the criteria and those that don't.''

2.Top agencies have a reputation to uphold and do their best to provide the exact service the customer requires. While not talking to the girl directly you are talking to a manager who will discuss your criteria and try and meet these. Very much like a marriage bureau really. Also there are girls working independent of an agency which you might get to know by referral or advertisement that you can "interview"

3. Maggs Restaurant Pattaya?
Image
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 10087
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Reputation: 700
Australia

Re: Freelancers, GSM, Hostess Bars. Will escorts be Next

Post by StroppyChops » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:41 pm

Kuroneko wrote:I was referring to their service as a product and conflating products/services.
No need to get conflational, we're all friends here.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
NokTang
Expatriate
Posts: 406
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:19 pm
Reputation: 1

Re: Freelancers, GSM, Hostess Bars. Will escorts be Next

Post by NokTang » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:49 pm

Kuroneko wrote: 1. I was referring to their service as a product and conflating products/services. To be correct I should have said "And discerning means you can differentiate between "services" that meet the criteria and those that don't.''

2.Top agencies have a reputation to uphold and do their best to provide the exact service the customer requires. While not talking to the girl directly you are talking to a manager who will discuss your criteria and try and meet these. Very much like a marriage bureau really. Also there are girls working independent of an agency which you might get to know by referral or advertisement that you can "interview"

3. Maggs Restaurant Pattaya?
1. No worries.
2. There is no such thing IMHO as "Top" pimps. Said "manager" is in on the deal as you certainly know. I have no experience with "marriage bureau"s but assume they aren't exactly sincere and honest as well as being illegal(In the USA, mail order brides etc.).
3.Never heard of nor seen said setting. Nice looking lady, thanks for the photo. When I take a Thai lady to dinner I let her order whatever she wants. Then I don't order anything, just eat the leftovers of what she ordered, which will always be enough for two or three people.

Now for the big question....when do you pay? Before or after the date? In Las Vegas, it's before. A friend got the bellboy in Macau to call one of the services and paid after but it was strictly sex, the girl delivered to his door at the hotel by said bellboy. She was the exact same girl as in the photo, a petite Chinese girl but to his shock and dismay, absolutely no English despite advert saying she spoke it. The bellboy confirmed the price(apx $100.usd in HKD). She came in, and immediately got naked and was all over him hugging and kissing. He was shocked but managed to figure it all out without the chit chat. Oral, vaginal, and in his case, anal, all bareback, "no rules, just right". Reads and sounded like a hard core hooker(no tattoos and very clean as in hygiene) but since no English, her educational background didn't matter much. It wasn't going to be marriage after the first date which is so common when English conversation is in the mix and the guy hears all her problems and can play the White Knight To The Rescue role to his hearts and wallets content. Anyhow, he paid her the agreed amount plus a tip of something like $10.usd and away she went.(the bellboy was called to come fetch her)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anthony's Weiner, Hotdigr, yong and 81 guests