What happened to my karma icon?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

What happened to my karma icon?

Post by taabarang »

Most peculiar how this feedback button went missing. No warning was given and requests for an explanation we're ignored. If this is "our forum" then I am posting with no feedback from fellow posters. Would one of the mods be helpful here. I currently have other issues to concern myself with and this forum provides me with meaningful distractions from those issues. Thank you for your timely response.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: What happened to my karma icon?

Post by Anchor Moy »

@taabarang - Are you sure you're logged in ?
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

i can see it
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Anchor Moy wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:12 pm @taabarang - Are you sure you're logged in ?
I must be logged in, how else could I post?
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

frank lee bent wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:13 pm i can see it
Frank

Glad to hear it, but why can I not see it Furthermore why aren't the mods responding to this issue. I feel more secure it I know it's there. I can only see the O the icon to edit report post, etc. NO "thumbs up" icon is visible. I can only hope others can see it.
Last edited by taabarang on Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

taabarang wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:37 pm Furthermore why aren't the mods responding to this issue.
Mods are here a lot less than we realize I think, tb.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

its all good

Maybe log out,
shut down ur browser
restart

Karma thumbs up on top right... no reason why everyone else has it, but you dont
Its ONLY been a hour since ur post
Mods have a life outside CEO (I think)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

taabarang wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:37 pm
Frank

Glad to hear it, but why can I not see it Furthermore why aren't the mods responding to this issue. I feel more secure it I know it's there. I can only see the O the icon to edit report post, etc. NO "thumbs up" icon is visible. I can only hope others can see it.
I think that's right- you should only see 3 icons in your own posts. It's generally only certified narcissists that would want/need to give themselves a positive vote. On other members posts, you should have 4 icons, with a thumbs up, so that a vote can stroke an ego, or on rare occasion express some agreement.

Of course, I might be wrong. It's happened before at least once this decade.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Freightdog wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:05 pm
Frank

I think that's right- you should only see 3 icons in your own posts. It's generally only certified narcissists that would want/need to give themselves a positive vote. On other members posts, you should have 4 icons, with a thumbs up, so that a vote can stroke an ego, or on rare occasion express some agreement.

Let me clarify your sarcasm. I only had 2 icons. I just wanted to insure that there was response, even negative like yours.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

taabarang wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:10 pm
Freightdog wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:05 pm
Frank

Let me clarify your sarcasm. I only had 2 icons. I just wanted to insure that there was response, even negative like yours.
:wave:
Let me confirm you're paranoia. Yes, there is something missing if you have but two icons. Have you paid your bills?

Here's what a 'normal' profile might have...(in my posts, that is)
I have a big gaping nothing where a thumbs up might otherwise be. I don't miss it, as I try to keep my narcissism to myself.
/ What looks like a pencil. I guess the edit option- Clearly, I wouldn't know; why would I want to edit perfection? (i'll come back to that later) it has a time expiry, I believe, and will disappear later. Thus 4 become 3. or in some folk's case, 3 become 2?
! An exclamation mark for telling the overseers about the naughty chaps and chapesses.
and the " for quoting others.

If you find yourself lacking, you should possibly be concerned.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic