Trolls! :-)

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Trolls! :-)

Post by frank lee bent »

this thread is not all about you. it is about trolls. no need to derail and call us names.
if you don't like what you see, just don't comment.
no need to have a persecution complex meltdown.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

anyway- back on topic now.
i find this statement highly revealing: The 2013 study found that trolls often have a high expectation of what it means to be successful, which is higher than they are able to attain

this must be why they seek hot button issues or make malicious and untrue statements in an attempt to rile people up.

they are trying to feel better about their own unresolved failures in life by seeking to show the same internal conflicts in others without regard to truth.

the behaviors are called transference and projection.

homophobes exhibit both behaviors in a very obvious way.

their antics are quite amusing in the very thinly veiled attempts to show strangers their "superior" intellect are laughably cack handed and of a very limited repertoire.

usually they are friendless and in the lower socio economic demographic.

the ubiquitous memes revolving around the middle aged guy living in a council bed sit or Mum's basement has a certain element of truth.
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

Very interesting F L B.

Trolls are like annoying pets, nothing more, nothing less. They have negative point but also advantages over other popular pets - you can't walk a Goldfish
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

:plus1:
Soi Dog wrote:Trolls are obvious. You just have to be smart enough not to respond to their baiting tactics/desperate cries for attention. Simply don't respond to anything they post or any thread they create, especially when it is directed at you.

I failed to follow my own advice twice today already, but I won't make that mistake again.
:plus1:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

"The 2013 study found that trolls often have a high expectation of what it means to be successful, which is higher than they are able to attain, and this results in them resenting others who think they are successful but who fall below their standards."

Envy and resentment ring a bell. :mrgreen:
EdinWigan wrote:Very interesting F L B.

Trolls are like annoying pets, nothing more, nothing less. They have negative point but also advantages over other popular pets - you can't walk a Goldfish
Ed - not sure that you can walk a troll either - always pissing on lamp-posts, licking their balls and trying to hump people's legs :lol:
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

EdinWigan wrote:you can't walk a Goldfish
Sure you can.

Heck, you could call it 'cigarette' and every night you could take it out for a drag.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Soi Dog wrote:
I failed to follow my own advice twice today already, but I won't make that mistake again.
Ha! That moment when you wish you could delete your replies to a troll that got you...
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

I think the current Troll (every forum has its Troll problems) has highlighted another opportunity to break new ground with the CEO (Msc free) Model. The organic, open nature of CEO means any problem can be turned into positive, that keeps look at with envy.

Let us not miss the opportunity to turn Trolls into Triumph!

:hattip:

'OK, Let the Troll see the Trapdoor' :whip:
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

Good definition.
I can think of one who should nok it off.
Princess
Tourist

Post by Princess »

One man's Troll is another man's Treasure! ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic