Yikes:Kampot to be home to Cambodia’s largest ecotourism destination

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Yikes:Kampot to be home to Cambodia’s largest ecotourism destination

Post by phuketrichard »

bets on completion??
Dr Alexander Evengroen, CEO of Chamreun Sambath Construction Co Ltd, told Khmer Times in an interview last week that they have already started to develop a large swath of land in the province where KC Adventure Resort will rise.

“We are already six months into it,” he said. The project is being developed by Chamreun Sambath Construction Co Ltd, a well-known property developer.

The project, which has an estimated cost of $20 million, is located in Kampot province’s Chhouk district, which is less than 25 kilometers away from the famous Durian Roundabout in Kampot Town, the provincial capital.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50639841/k ... C5I_fSTlVk
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Yikes:Kampot to be home to Cambodia’s largest ecotourism destination

Post by Clemen »

Bee-you-tafull
"According to Mr Evengroen, KC Adventure Resort will feature fruit farms, villas, a helipad, a clubhouse, swimming spots, a camping area, restaurants, cattle farms, a cable car, a zipline, flower gardens, a soccer field, a golf driving range, a dinosaur-themed park, ATV trails, and fish farms, among other amenities." add a toxic waste dump and it'll be 100% eco friendly.
"We don’t want to destroy the environment. What we will do is to integrate it with the beauty already there and make it better,” he added."
^ crucial for Eco friendliness
"Mr Evengroen said that from the usual 3-4 days, they want tourists to stay in Cambodia for 5 days or longer. “When they stay longer, they spend more money, thus contributing to the growth of the economy,” he pointed out."
The man has incredible insight into business.
up to you...
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Clemen wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:23 pm Image
Bee-you-tafull
"According to Mr Evengroen, KC Adventure Resort will feature fruit farms, villas, a helipad, a clubhouse, swimming spots, a camping area, restaurants, cattle farms, a cable car, a zipline, flower gardens, a soccer field, a golf driving range, a dinosaur-themed park, ATV trails, and fish farms, among other amenities." add a toxic waste dump and it'll be 100% eco friendly.
"We don’t want to destroy the environment. What we will do is to integrate it with the beauty already there and make it better,” he added."
^ crucial for Eco friendliness
"Mr Evengroen said that from the usual 3-4 days, they want tourists to stay in Cambodia for 5 days or longer. “When they stay longer, they spend more money, thus contributing to the growth of the economy,” he pointed out."
The man has incredible insight into business.

I can see the investors in this project getting big returns on their money.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

More grand plans, site maps and crappy little models.

Good luck to them if they really are serious about the Eco bit.
There is indeed a huge market for the real thing.
but they almost never are.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

The only Eco bit mentioned in the article is “As much as possible, we will use natural, non-toxic products,”
Clear cutting 1000 hectares and putting in a golf course and cattle ranch don't scream Eco to me.
up to you...
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Albror »

So many bitter people on facebook talking about this.

Complain about when chineese pave the whole fucking area but when someone come to make a "eco resort" they complain even more lol. Hard to understand what those wankers want. Complaining seems to be a big thing among Kampot expats (and yes i do live in Kampot myself, but stil).
Clemen wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:15 am The only Eco bit mentioned in the article is “As much as possible, we will use natural, non-toxic products,”
Clear cutting 1000 hectares and putting in a golf course and cattle ranch don't scream Eco to me.
So you think that all land is 100% dense forest or what? Have you been over there in Chhuk? Its fuck all with open fields everywhere. Maybe you should go and have a look at the Cambodian landscape for once? Fucking empty open fields as far as the eye can see. But when someone make a resort there it suddenly become as holy as the amazones?
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Albror wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:33 am So many bitter people on facebook talking about this.

Complain about when chineese pave the whole fucking area but when someone come to make a "eco resort" they complain even more lol. Hard to understand what those wankers want. Complaining seems to be a big thing among Kampot expats (and yes i do live in Kampot myself, but stil).
We like, in fact love, eco resorts Albror. Real ones.
We do hate BS tho'.

Most of these activities are inherently anti-ECO to start with,
let alone hhe whole dreadful combination jammed onto a few hectares.

fruit farms, villas, a helipad, a clubhouse, swimming spots, a camping area, restaurants, cattle farms, a cable car, a zipline, flower gardens, a soccer field, a golf driving range, a dinosaur-themed park (giggle), ATV trails, and fish farms

I call BS anyway - no way this will happen as it is advertised to the investors.
And they are totally out of touch with what their market wants. High-end eco tourists are not looking for soccer fields, ATV's and golf driving ranges.
Last edited by SternAAlbifrons on Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

Albror wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:33 am So many bitter people on facebook talking about this.

Clemen wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:15 am The only Eco bit mentioned in the article is “As much as possible, we will use natural, non-toxic products,”
So you think that all land is 100% dense forest or what? Have you been over there in Chhuk? Its fuck all with open fields everywhere. Maybe you should go and have a look at the Cambodian landscape for once? Fucking empty open fields as far as the eye can see. But when someone make a resort there it suddenly become as holy as the amazones?
Yes, I have been there. Did you read the article or look at the photo of the planned development? There is nothing Eco about it at all.
Save your anger for someone else
up to you...
Mr Know It All
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mr Know It All »

I think most of the ribbing revolves around the blanket use of Eco... a Heli-Pad, executive golf course and ATV's don't typically go along
with Eco or Environmentally friendly concepts.
That and the fact they don't know where it is.
"The project, which has an estimated cost of $20 million, is located in Kampot province’s Chhouk district, which is less than 25 kilometers away from the famous Durian Roundabout in Kampot Town."
Chhouk District is more than 45K out of town.
if you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

:P
Kumbaya
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic