Alert for 17Yo Girl Missing in Sihanoukville

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Alert for 17Yo Girl Missing in Sihanoukville

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

SIHANOUKVILLE: Posted on social media 12 hours ago. No update so far.

Missing in Sihanoukville since 30 August . Phone not answering. Family extremely worried. She's called Lina and is 17. Please help share and contact following number if any news or sight of her. 0719591854 THANKS

គាត់ឈ្មោះ​លីណា​ អាយុ 17ឆ្នាំ​ ។ គាត់បានបាត់ខ្លួននៅខេត្តព្រះសីហនុតាំងពីថ្ងៃទី30​ ខែសីហា​ ។ តេចូលតែមិនមានអ្នកលេីក​ ។ គ្រួសារមានការបារម្ភយ៉ាងខ្លាំង​ ។ សូមជួយចែករំលែកសារនេះ​ផង​ ។ បេីមានដំណឹងសូមទាក់ទងមកលេខ​ 0719591854​ ។ សូមអរគុណ។
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Alert for 17Yo Girl Missing in Sihanoukville

19 September 2019, Sihanoukville: A mother says that her daughter has gone missing from her home in Sihanoukville.
Posted on social media by Huy Bunleng 1 hour ago.
ជូនជ្រាប! ស្ត្រីជាម្តាយ(រូបពាក់អាវខៀវ) ប្រកាសរកកូនស្រីដូចក្នុងរូបថត(ពាក់អាវស) ដែលអះអាងថា កូនស្រីរូបនេះបាត់ខ្លួនពីផ្ទះក្នុងក្រុងព្រះសីហនុ ។
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Sihanoukville - Missing!
If you have any information please contact relatives Tel.098307788 !!
ក្រុងព្រះសីហនុ-ជូនជ្រាប ! ពលរដ្ឋអះអាងថាបាត់សាច់ញាតិ ប្រកាសស្វែងរក ។បើសិនបងប្អូនមានដំណឹងសូមទំនាក់ទំនងសាច់ញាតិTel.098307788 !!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

We dont know what happened to these girls.

However, Chinese do kidnap girls. They may be being trafficked to China, to be auctioned off to the highest bidder. Some may finish up being the wives of poor farmers.

When there was mainly Westerners in Sihanoukville, the police were just out to get their money. Now the Chinese have arrived, the police actually need to stop crime.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

That's 3 young girls in just one month in a small geographic area. Unless teenage girls disappear routinely, which I doubt, then there is something very sinister going on.

I wonder just how effective the police will be in getting ahead of this matter and not just waiting and seeing what happens next. There are international police officers involved in the investigations of crimes involving children. This sounds like a matter for some seriously experienced detectives.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

explorer wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:36 pm We dont know what happened to these girls.

However, Chinese do kidnap girls. They may be being trafficked to China, to be auctioned off to the highest bidder. Some may finish up being the wives of poor farmers.

When there was mainly Westerners in Sihanoukville, the police were just out to get their money. Now the Chinese have arrived, the police actually need to stop crime.
Very true, we don't know what happened to these girls. Also true That Chinese kidnap women and the women are then trafficked but this phenomenon primarily takes place in countries that border China, Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam. North Koreans if they illegally enter China face an 80% chance of being trafficked. Sihanoukville is a bit of a distance to China and unless they were taken by boat, it would be difficult to cross 2 borders without proper documentation. If these women are being held against their will, I would start by searching the brothels that cater to Chinese. As with most things criminals look for low hanging fruit and why target Cambodian women given the expense of taking them to China when there are millions of Vietnamese and Burmese right next door available?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Or, ya know, maybe they just didn't come home for a few nights. Like normal late teens.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:25 pm Or, ya know, maybe they just didn't come home for a few nights. Like normal late teens.
The mother is concerned and begs bro.

I doubt any normal teen girl would do like this.

If you have any idea or info bro - then please inform the distraught family.

I am sorry if I am direct and I can appreciate your point but sometimes we have to pull together Jerry? Forgive me please?
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Mishmash wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:41 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:25 pm Or, ya know, maybe they just didn't come home for a few nights. Like normal late teens.

I am sorry if I am direct and I can appreciate your point but sometimes we have to pull together Jerry? Forgive me please?
bong-thom-atrick?

monstra mihi bona!
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Phnom Poon wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:18 pm
Mishmash wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:41 pm

bong-thom-atrick?
I don't quite get your point. Apologies for being a little slow.

Soooo. if you had a 17 year old daughter, and she went missing, and you asked people on here to help if they could, would you think well of this response?

Ohhhhh bro... Is it possible you could reconsider?

I'm the sandwich short of a picnic so you can blame me no worries
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic