Less Immigration Documents for Travelers to Cambodia

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Less Immigration Documents for Travelers to Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

These measures are already in place, but the announcement was posted yesterday by the Ministry of Tourism, in case you missed it.

More Simplified Arrival and Departure Requirements for Travellers
AKP Phnom Penh, September 03, 2019 --
Ministry of Tourism is further easing facilitation at the border gates of Cambodia for both domestic and international travellers by reducing unnecessary documentation and requirement.

The update was shared in a notification from the Ministry of Tourism yesterday, highlighting that the move was made possible through cooperation with concerned line departments of the Ministry of Interior.

One of the service improvements was that international tourists now have to fill up only one document – available in Khmer, English and Chinese – that includes visa-on-arrival application when they arrive at Cambodia’s border gate, and they are not supposed to complete any document when they leave the Kingdom.

For Cambodians with e-passport, they are not required to fill up any document both for their departure and arrival.

From now on, self-driving tourists are not supposed to install their deposit before entering Cambodia, they need only to fill up the summary declaration from for temporary entry-exit of conveyance of tourists.
https://www.akp.gov.kh/post/detail/16243
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Less Immigration Documents for Travelers to Cambodia

Post by phuketrichard »

....From now on, self-driving tourists are not supposed to install their deposit before entering Cambodia, they need only to fill up the summary declaration from for temporary entry-exit of conveyance of tourists
I wonder exactly what this means

Before i drove in with my thai car at Osmach...no problem
Entering at Koh kong was asked how many days an asked to pay 100 baht/day, an issued a red plastic plate to be placed on my dash
The other borders was told needed import certificate only obtained in PP, (although have been told now not needed..but have yet confirmed)..

the link at the bottom, www.customs.gov.kh. does not work for me

Has anyone driven in with a non Cambodian car for other borders beside KK or Osmach?
Last edited by phuketrichard on Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

*Fewer
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Do we know if airlines are handing out the single new form on incoming flights? Or do you still have to stand around at the immigration hall and waste time doing it there?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by hdgh29 »

cptrelentless wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:24 pm*Fewer
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:12 pm Do we know if airlines are handing out the single new form on incoming flights? Or do you still have to stand around at the immigration hall and waste time doing it there?
Yes they are. And they also handed out the old ones before (in my experience).
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

New one's only last week KL,,,, PP

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

armchairlawyer wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:33 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:12 pm Do we know if airlines are handing out the single new form on incoming flights? Or do you still have to stand around at the immigration hall and waste time doing it there?
Yes they are. And they also handed out the old ones before (in my experience).
On my previous arrivals I've been given the old arrivals card on the flight, but had to wait until inside immigration to try and find a visa form. This should cut down the chaos at immigration a bit.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

New cards were being handed out on flights in July.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

That may largely depend upon the ‘quality’ of the airline, and time.
Certainly Emirates we’re providing the latest form on my most recent trip.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic