Fishing with electricity

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Fishing with electricity

Post by willyhilly »

Wife’s brother was killed fishing with electricity on Saturday afternoon. How do they do this, with a generator on a boat?
Went to a Khmer birthday party at Trinity Beach on Sunday night. Lots of pretty girls and met another poster who I last had a drink with outside the Cavern, according to him. It was about 6 years ago. He lives with his missus and 8 year old son only a kilometer or so from our place.

[Admin edit: Member's name removed. Don't name members while giving away their personal life story. He may not want us to know.]
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Fishing with electricity

Post by fax »

Car battery

Grenades are also common.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

willyhilly wrote:Wife’s brother was killed fishing with electricity on Saturday afternoon. How do they do this, with a generator on a boat?
willyhilly wrote:Went to a Khmer birthday party at Trinity Beach on Sunday night. Lots of pretty girls and met another poster who I last had a drink with outside the Cavern, according to him. It was about 6 years ago. He lives with his missus and 8 year old son only a kilometer or so from our place.
Anyone else confused by what appears to be two completely different topics?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
simon43
Expatriate
Laos

Post by simon43 »

Condolences.

electricity and water don't go well together - ask a fish...
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

I was in Koh kong a few years ago and apparently a khmer eloctructed himself taking a power drill into the sea to do summat on his boat. When taken to the hospital, already dead, the doctor suggested digging a hole and putting his corpse in it because electricity goes to earth and he would be ok. Sounds like a bit of blarney? a few months later I was in Koh Chang at a norwegian bar in white beach, next to the irish pub. I was telling someone the story and the waitress said she was Khmer and the gy was from her village and it was true!
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

There's surely a whole thread on burying electrocuted people, dead or alive, in sand already? Bonkers the lot of them.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

pczz wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:21 pm I was in Koh kong a few years ago and apparently a khmer eloctructed himself taking a power drill into the sea to do summat on his boat.
That part is true. ^^.
It was an ambitious but not very bright young english tour biz owner that sent this bright intelligent trusting 17 year old kid into the water with the drill.
I hear a lot about Khmer stupidity.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I went with a few Khmer friends around 5 nights back. They were fishing by electric, but small power in the shallows, and catching good.
For me it gave the opportunity of night time photography, and safely, them two friends knowing the area, snakes are always my worries.

But!!!

So any ideas on this? I know the lotus are sharp and can easy cut you, both legs have lacerations and they have been painful, the effect being I have slept for near on 3 days. by the way I was also wearing wellington boots for protection, only taking them off to empty water and check I had no lechers in them.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

up to you...
SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Post by SINUS »