Visa for Khmer Girlfriend for Australia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
kerberus
Expatriate

Visa for Khmer Girlfriend for Australia

Post by kerberus »

Hello,

i want to go maybe with my girlfriend to Australia for holidays. Is it hard to get the visa for her? Anyone tried already for a khmer?
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Visa for Khmer Girlfriend for Australia

Post by armchairlawyer »

I know someone who used Angkor Translation (opposite Larrys on 110) and they got it.
She needs to have had $2000 in her bank account for at least 2 months I believe. Other requirements too of course but that may be the first obstacle.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Also helps if she has a couple of return trips showing in her passport of having been to Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia or other countries.
A letter from her employer to say she has been working ?????? there and has been granted time off from ??? to ??? to travel o/seas. A letter from her school ,, if she is attending classes , also .
Family book, which shows she has family or children to return to.
Having property or business in her name.
Many visa's to Australia are rejected on the grounds that the person has shown no reason not to return to their home country. It's sounds crazy , but it's true.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Good luck I wasted $200 dollars couple years ago there is no way a single Cambodian girl can got for a holiday in Australia reason given she won't come back
Unless she has family children property here forget it
Maybe if you're married or in defacto relationship and no age difference you may have a chance
That's my experience even protested to ombudsman in Australia
Felt insulted immigration Australia virtually just called me a lier they are cnts
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

atst wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:03 pm Good luck I wasted $200 dollars couple years ago there is no way a single Cambodian girl can got for a holiday in Australia reason given she won't come back
Maybe if you're married or in defacto relationship and no age difference you may have a chance
Felt insulted immigration Australia virtually just called me a lier they are cnts
Or it was your English in the application;-).

Just kidding, won't be easy. I went to Oz with my then Vietnamese wife and it was a massive headache and the lady handling it told me she wouldn't have had a chance if she had not been married.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

The rules are tough for a reason. Reality is, a lot of Cambodians and Vietnamese do the wrong thing when they get to Australia. They go on a tourist visa, work on a farm, and just stay in Australia.

This makes it difficult for the genuine ones.

Even when an Asian girl marries an Australian man, he may be genuine, but she is just in it for the money. Many leave their husbands after being in Australia for a while.

I was talking to someone in a village today. They can go to Australia for $2000. The fixer provides the appropriate fake paperwork, they go on a tourist visa, and work on a farm.

The Immigration department knows all this, so it gets tougher.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I think I have done all my home work on this subject and will find out in January next year when I apply for a visa for the second eldest girl in my family who will be 18 years old then. Will have a return ticket for both of us and it will only be for two weeks for her to see if she likes the place so she can study there when she completes her final exams in Cambodia.

I can only assume that Australia will still wants overseas students to study in Australia ?

From 2016

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr9Emk ... g5Comc4AI-
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Apply direct online. Prove she's got enough to cover her time there and a reason she needs to return to Cambodia.
Over answer where you can: itineraries, letters from friends expecting you both, return tickets.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

explorer wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:46 pm The rules are tough for a reason. Reality is, a lot of Cambodians and Vietnamese do the wrong thing when they get to Australia. They go on a tourist visa, work on a farm, and just stay in Australia.

This makes it difficult for the genuine ones.

Even when an Asian girl marries an Australian man, he may be genuine, but she is just in it for the money. Many leave their husbands after being in Australia for a while.

I was talking to someone in a village today. They can go to Australia for $2000. The fixer provides the appropriate fake paperwork, they go on a tourist visa, and work on a farm.

The Immigration department knows all this, so it gets tougher.
Unlike a lot o westerners who come to asia, work illegally, support protitution, engae in illegal gambling and drug taking. The only difference is we are assumed to have moey and not to overstay, but as we all know from the wreckage on the streets that is no longer the case. The reality is any country will let you in if you are seen as a benefit. Wanna work on my farm for $2 a day you can come. Got $1mill and want to invest? you can come. Its all a fix, perverted ibn every country to suit it needs
Bedazzler!
Expatriate

Post by Bedazzler! »

atst wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:03 pm Good luck I wasted $200 dollars couple years ago there is no way a single Cambodian girl can got for a holiday in Australia reason given she won't come back
I've heard the opposite. that the USA is impossible but a lot of Australian guys have taken Cambodian girlfriends to Australia. I've seen a lot of photos of unmarried Cambodian bargirls visiting Australia.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic