Visa for Khmer Girlfriend for Australia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bedazzler!
Expatriate

Re: Visa for Khmer Girlfriend for Australia

Post by Bedazzler! »

explorer wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:51 am
Bedazzler! wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:24 pm I've seen a lot of photos of unmarried Cambodian bargirls visiting Australia.
That is part of the problem. People take girls they are unlikely to have a long term relationship with, and it makes it difficult for the genuine ones.
But why does that matter? Is it a spouse/fiancee visa or just a tourist visa?

As far as the USA is concerned, a foreigner in a serious relationship with an American is LESS likely to get a tourist visa due to the fear of overstaying and/or getting married on the "vacation" and filing to adjust status and skipping the queue and vetting process of the fiancee visas.
ozguyinshv
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ozguyinshv »

Duncan wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:51 pm Also helps if she has a couple of return trips showing in her passport of having been to Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia or other countries.
A letter from her employer to say she has been working ?????? there and has been granted time off from ??? to ??? to travel o/seas. A letter from her school ,, if she is attending classes , also .
Family book, which shows she has family or children to return to.
Having property or business in her name.
Many visa's to Australia are rejected on the grounds that the person has shown no reason not to return to their home country. It's sounds crazy , but it's true.

Nothing crazy about it - It's the main criteria to satisfy in order to be granted a visitor visa.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

ozguyinshv wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:08 am
Duncan wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:51 pm Also helps if she has a couple of return trips showing in her passport of having been to Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia or other countries.
A letter from her employer to say she has been working ?????? there and has been granted time off from ??? to ??? to travel o/seas. A letter from her school ,, if she is attending classes , also .
Many visa's to Australia are rejected on the grounds that the person has shown no reason not to return to their home country. It's sounds crazy , but it's true.

Nothing crazy about it - It's the main criteria to satisfy in order to be granted a visitor visa.
Exactly why my girlfriend was rejected and would be rejected again doesn't meet the requirements needed to return home
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

atst wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:11 pm
ozguyinshv wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:08 am

Exactly why my girlfriend was rejected and would be rejected again doesn't meet the requirements needed to return home
Spoiler:
Buy her a house
Spoiler:
Enroll her in a school
Spoiler:
Put some money in her bank account
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

willyhilly wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:14 pm Australian Immigration looks at the sponsor more than the migrant as Loud John says. It’s actually pretty easy and I believe they rarely say no if the sponsor is if good character and has some means.
We know now that there are 80,000 people in Australia on expired visas. Nearly half are Malaysian because they get a visa easily through some scheme. A lot claim refugee status including for being gay or because they are discriminated against because they are not Malay. Nearly all are deported when they are caught.

But there are still many barriers put in place . Sponsor must be related through family ties to sponsor someone on a 1419 tourist visa. In my case apparently I don't fit into their slot even thought I have supported her for the last 13 years. As I don't qualify as a sponsor she will have to make the application all by herself, but will not be able to account for the $$$$ I put into her bank account as she has no job and is still studying. Looks like her two weeks in Australia is going to work out very expensive if I have to go through a Imm Agent.

Who cannot sponsor?
There are no provisions for fiancés, cousins, friends or in-laws
and New Zealand citizens to sponsor.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Save your money and take her somewhere else, Australia isn't worth it and if she still wants to go to Australia explain to her there are no bum guns, that will change her mind hahaha
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Bedazzler! wrote:As far as the USA is concerned, a foreigner in a serious relationship with an American is LESS likely to get a tourist visa due to the fear of overstaying and/or getting married on the "vacation" and filing to adjust status and skipping the queue and vetting process of the fiancee visas.
US immigration says unless you haven’t heard from them in 14 months, don’t bother them.

The process is long. But a spousal visa means that she has permanent legal status on arrival.

OP, why not just marry her? You have enough assets to support that kind of VISA application.
Bedazzler!
Expatriate

Post by Bedazzler! »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:53 am
Bedazzler! wrote:As far as the USA is concerned, a foreigner in a serious relationship with an American is LESS likely to get a tourist visa due to the fear of overstaying and/or getting married on the "vacation" and filing to adjust status and skipping the queue and vetting process of the fiancee visas.
US immigration says unless you haven’t heard from them in 14 months, don’t bother them.

The process is long. But a spousal visa means that she has permanent legal status on arrival.
WTF? No one is talking about spousal visas here. The entire thread is about how to get a girlfriend a tourist visa to Australia.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

atst wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:17 pm Does having a permanent job in the same company for 30 years , over $200000 in bank, assets over couple million, no criminal record show good character
I think maybe the 27 year age difference may be the problem in my case
Anyway that's my experience others have different ones not going to try again.
For me in 2006.

I had been with the company less than 2 years, had way less in the bank and way less assets. She was 21 and I was 45. Had an interview and the visa was in the passpot 20 minutes later.

Fast forward to 2017, I am 55 and she is 25. I have no job, no assets ( the previous visa applicant has them after the divorce) and about $30k in the bank. She has no assets, a part time job and no kids and the visa is granted. The next time, same situation, just each a year older and she gets a one year multi entry visa.

I think that it comes down to the application and the strength of the relationship. I would warrant that there there are deficincies in your application.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Maybe anyway in no hurry to try again just disappointed the way it went I actually enjoy going back Australia alone gives me a break
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic