Where to go for a drink and some live music tonight?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Where to go for a drink and some live music tonight?

Post by atst »

I've taken a few tourist that I've meet there one of their travel highlights real Cambodia
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Tonlesap nightclub
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Country Band at Oscar’s on the Corner tonight. :)

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

atst wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:34 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:05 pm What's a Kumar nightclub and music?...Indian club with Bollywood tunes?
Its a night club with Kumar five piece band variety of singers only playing Kumar music open every night
Location along river front about 500 meters past St104 heading towards Japanese bridge
?

If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Splashback
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Splashback »

atst wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:10 pm Oscars full of hooker's but they don't hassle you good band's
But if you want something different go past st 104 few hundred meter on the riverside there's a Kumar nightclub live music no hookers Kumar music and dancing great location opens 9:30
Give it a try you might be pleastly surprised and both have a good night
True Face Club, I think it's called. Glad to hear they have live bands. Is that most nights?

I figured it was similar to Rock Club with drug menu's, as I heard there was one like that near Wat Phnom. But I guess not. The last thing I want is to be on a police bus with 300 Khmer and Chinese youngsters lol.

Cheers for the suggestion.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

I thought the Kumars were at No 42.

atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Well now you all know I'll never make it as an English teacher only hope if I'm down and out is begpacking
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:05 pm What's a Kumar nightclub and music?...Indian club with Bollywood tunes?
Its a night club with Kumar five piece band variety of singers only playing Kumar music open every night
Location along river front about 500 meters past St104 heading towards Japanese bridge
I've never come across Indian bands in Cambodia
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Anyone seen the Japanese-born New Zealander named Moisty who plays ska music wearing a cat suit?

By Scott Bywater
August 30, 2019

I enjoyed it, so I tried to visit as often as I could, however I have not been back for more than a year – the last time I played in Phnom Penh was around Christmas in 2017 at Taco Kokopelli and Good Times Bar. I have to admit that I really like Phnom Penh. If I could I would live there. The city has a great energy, yet also a great friendliness. I feel that I can have a chat with anyone. I believe that it reflects on the expat community. Every time I played in Phnom Penh I feel a great sense of community and inclusiveness. I have never felt anything like this in Bangkok or Saigon. Phnom Penh has a special power!

Moisty Atsushi: I appreciate that you can feel that way. I do not intend to write happy music or anything like that, but the stage performance is very important to me, and I genuinely like to connect with my audience. So I try to do my best for people to enjoy my show. Who wants to see a sad little tiger on the stage?

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50638718/c ... ite-haunt/
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:41 pm
I've never come across Indian bands in Cambodia
Khmer I can't spell I'm a kiwi from the western suburbs cut me some slack
No way I would promote indian music in Cambodia
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic