‘Largest condos in Cambodia’

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: ‘Largest condos in Cambodia’

Post by armchairlawyer »

Duncan wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:31 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:52 pm Well good luck to the chinese developer with these. I think it's quite a market call to focus on large condos starting at $1M aimed at the Khmer wealthy class and foreigners.

My impression is that better off Khmers are not really interested in condos and prefer standalone houses or such as those in the gated estates. Separate, freehold title with a higher land component as opposed to these body corporate condo developments.

That leaves better off foreigners that can't own land. Will be interesting to see what the take up will be and whether they will get those asking prices or have to discount. Some of those deserted developments in Koh Pich doesn't forbode well imo.

If they started building condo's where you could ride your moto up the stairwell into your kitchen,,,,then off- load the kids and supersize bunch of bananas, I think Cambodians would buy them. It's a hard habit to get out of, not having your moto inside your house where you can keep your eye on it.
Nowadays two motos...and a car.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

logos wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:54 pm The higher end units were redesigned with local help, adding a touch of classe

Some may consider such "furniture" as a "touch of class" but I view it as funky clunky.
And God help you if you ever decide to rearrange it. The weight is formidable.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

My question is how they intend to keep the parking garage from flooding in the monsoon? The narrow sewer main is barely a meter below street level. Good luck with that.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jcml19 »

taabarang wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:52 pm
logos wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:54 pm The higher end units were redesigned with local help, adding a touch of classe

Some may consider such "furniture" as a "touch of class" but I view it as funky clunky.
And God help you if you ever decide to rearrange it. The weight is formidable.
I'm actually a fan of the Khmer furniture.. solid wood n tough as nails, design on the otherhand may be too much for me but to each their own... Can't stand particle board Ikea crap!!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic