Is Cambodia about to experience an influx of English teachers?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Is Cambodia about to experience an influx of English teachers?

Post by phuketrichard »

independencequarter wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:30 pm
jrjrjr wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:49 pm Foreigners who complain about TM30 in Thailand are just idiot.
Nobody needs to visit immigration when not extending a visa, and nobody needs to extend a visa if crossing a border every 3 months instead.
It's just the old idiots who pretend to be good guys by following a stupid law who have problems. Anyway the fine is only a maximum or 2000 thb once a year, who cares ?!
I can't see many teachers leaving Thailand bu China maybe, because anyway most of them are already wondering what they are doing in this $hithole country ! hahahaha...
You do not, and have never lived in Thailand have you? Not long ago you had to go to do 90-days report 4 times a year at the immigration, for instance. You might be able to do it online these days, but just a year or two ago it was not possible. There are indeed plenty of teachers leaving Thailand, some of them come here. While I may only have anecdotal evidence, the situation in Thailand right now is the most ridiculous in the decade I've been in SEA.
Been doing 90 day reports online since 2016, before that I never bothered with them as they really didn't care that much
Things change...
Seems many of the people that are leaving are the ones affected by the strong baht which seems to be the Brits and Ozzies
Or the fact we now need leave ( if your on a retirement extension) $26,000 in for 5 months and $13,000 in the bank or so the rest of the year

Thailand for Thai's :beer3:

Look how much visa/wp things have changed in Cambodia in the last 18 months
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
independencequarter
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by independencequarter »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:08 pm
jrjrjr wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:49 pm Foreigners who complain about TM30 in Thailand are just idiot.
Nobody needs to visit immigration when not extending a visa, and nobody needs to extend a visa if crossing a border every 3 months instead.
It's just the old idiots who pretend to be good guys by following a stupid law who have problems. Anyway the fine is only a maximum or 2000 thb once a year, who cares ?!
I can't see many teachers leaving Thailand bu China maybe, because anyway most of them are already wondering what they are doing in this $hithole country ! hahahaha...
You do not, and have never lived in Thailand have you? Not long ago you had to go to do 90-days report 4 times a year at the immigration, for instance. You might be able to do it online these days, but just a year or two ago it was not possible. There are indeed plenty of teachers leaving Thailand, some of them come here. While I may only have anecdotal evidence, the situation in Thailand right now is the most ridiculous in the decade I've been in SEA.
Been doing 90 day reports online since 2016, before that I never bothered with them as they really didn't care that much
Things change...
Seems many of the people that are leaving are the ones affected by the strong baht which seems to be the Brits and Ozzies
Or the fact we now need leave ( if your on a retirement extension) $26,000 in for 5 months and $13,000 in the bank or so the rest of the year

I stand corrected. Even the retirement stuff is kinda silly though, not even allowed to buy government bonds or anything with it right? Just a bunch of free money for the country. I'm not of retirement age yet, but I did leave Thailand for several reasons, including annoying visa stuff. I will probably return sooner or later after I've made enough money to be comfortable there. I could technically do it now, but why do it when you don't feel welcome at all. There's plenty of countries in the world. :)
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Things change...

Yes , it is so much easier for Thais to go live and work in USA, UK, Australia. No paerwork required, no messy rules. Wow is that a low flying pink pig?
It make me abos-bloody-lutely piss myself laffing at barang complaining about paperwork and financial rstrictions in Asia. try being an Asian going the other way!
In UK after brexit you will need an income of £30,000 just to get a visa, and even EU citizens with freedom of movement are required to register every time they change address, and landlorda are required to report to the police (but don't cos then they would be admitting to being a landlord and have to pay tax). Westerners have a bloody easy ride and should be grateful. And if anyone is etired and have not got $13,000 to leave in a Thai bbank account all year (cos you can draw down on the other 13k) then I would suggest their pot is too small to piss in and they should go home. You ought to have that much ready in emergency money. I really cant see baby trump letting a Thai live inthe USA with no money, can you?
jrjrjr
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jrjrjr »

Lived there more than you I guess !
Only idiots reports every 3 months ! Smart people just cross a border ! Whatever is your visa, even ELITE, you are a dIckhead if you visit immigration every 3 months, you are just looking for the troubles that you deserve !
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

pczz wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:33 pm
Things change...

Yes , it is so much easier for Thais to go live and work in USA, UK, Australia. No paerwork required, no messy rules. Wow is that a low flying pink pig?
It make me abos-bloody-lutely piss myself laffing at barang complaining about paperwork and financial rstrictions in Asia. try being an Asian going the other way!
In UK after brexit you will need an income of £30,000 just to get a visa, and even EU citizens with freedom of movement are required to register every time they change address, and landlorda are required to report to the police (but don't cos then they would be admitting to being a landlord and have to pay tax). Westerners have a bloody easy ride and should be grateful. And if anyone is etired and have not got $13,000 to leave in a Thai bbank account all year (cos you can draw down on the other 13k) then I would suggest their pot is too small to piss in and they should go home. You ought to have that much ready in emergency money. I really cant see baby trump letting a Thai live inthe USA with no money, can you?

Excellent summation pczz, couldn't agree more.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

jrjrjr wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:09 am Lived there more than you I guess !
Only idiots reports every 3 months ! Smart people just cross a border ! Whatever is your visa, even ELITE, you are a dIckhead if you visit immigration every 3 months, you are just looking for the troubles that you deserve !
I'm on a visa that requires a 90 day report, it takes me all of 5 minutes in immigration and is a total formality. Why on earth would I want to spend several thousand baht and the better part of a day in one of those motorised coffins as well as having to visit immigration and spend another 1,000 baht to get a re-entry permit before I left ? What trouble exactly are you expecting on a 90 day report ? To be honest you sound paranoid and clueless.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

:please:
my 90 day extension is done online from my home;;;
total time ;2 minutes

Dont need cross any border, ( at which point you'd NEED to visit immigration to get a re entry permit) at least once and pay another 3,800 for a multiple re entry

PS:if you need do a 90 day report you are NOT on a visa, but an EXTENSION>
:plus1:

Ur the idiot dickhead
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
jrjrjr
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jrjrjr »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:27 am
:please:
my 90 day extension is done online from my home;;;
total time ;2 minutes

Dont need cross any border, ( at which point you'd NEED to visit immigration to get a re entry permit) at least once and pay another 3,800 for a multiple re entry

PS:if you need do a 90 day report you are NOT on a visa, but an EXTENSION>
:plus1:

Ur the idiot dickhead

Hey champion, smart people make a multi entry visa for 5000 thb and can leave the country as many times as they want in a year without any reentry permit !
Shocking that some people are so smart, right ? So you are wrong, someone with a brain NEVER has to visit immigration in Thailand and just need to visit a consulate abroad once a year, then cross a border 4 times to then stay 15 months in Thailand.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Silence, exile, and cunning.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

good luck making a 1 year multiple entry VISA for being over 50 at any nearby embassy/consolute
Wont happen.
Even getting hard for those married to get one year visa in nearby countries now.

ur just talking shit cannabistourist :stir:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic