Photos from around the world.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Photos from around the world.

Post by phuketrichard »

SINUS wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:09 am adjustment - the first Harley-Davidson was assembled not in the United States, but in Mongolia, in the city of Ulan Bator.
Here is a photo. :)

Fake news: above::
Production start: 1905 - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
In early 1901, William S. Harley, who was only 21 years old, has developed a project for a small engine capacity of 7.07 cubic inches. The following two years, Harley and his childhood friend Arthur Davidson labored on their bike with an engine using a garage in the house of their friend, Henry Melk. The work was completed by 1903. This was followed immediately by work on a new, more modern motorcycle. This first "real" Harley-Davidson motorcycle had a bigger engine is 24.74 cubic inches (405 cm³) with 9-3/4 inch flywheels weighing 28 pounds crankshaft. The prototype was completed September 8, 1904 and on the same day took part in motorcycle racing at the State Fair Park. Rider was Edward Hildebrand, he finished the race in fourth place. This race was the first documented appearance of Harley-Davidson motorcycle.

First model features: The 1905 Harley-Davidson Model No. 1 was almost identical to the bikes built in 1903 and '04. Engine: Inlet-over-exhaust single. Capacity: 24.74cu. in. (405.41cc). Transmission: Single-speed, belt drive. Frame: Tubular loop. Weight: 1851b (84kg). Top speed (est.): 40mph (64km/h). Pedal-power was often needed when the engine alone did not provide enough power.
https://www.firstversions.com/2015/04/h ... idson.html

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

staying with Penang

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Post by SINUS »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:32 am ^^
Does it go a fast as that when you're on it?
Magna is always fast :)
SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Post by SINUS »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:42 am
Production start: 1905 - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
In early 1901, William S. Harley, who was only 21 years old, has developed a project for a small engine capacity of 7.07 cubic inches. The following two years, Harley and his childhood friend Arthur Davidson labored on their bike with an engine using a garage in the house of their friend, Henry Melk. The work was completed by 1903. This was followed immediately by work on a new, more modern motorcycle. This first "real" Harley-Davidson motorcycle had a bigger engine is 24.74 cubic inches (405 cm³) with 9-3/4 inch flywheels weighing 28 pounds crankshaft. The prototype was completed September 8, 1904 and on the same day took part in motorcycle racing at the State Fair Park. Rider was Edward Hildebrand, he finished the race in fourth place. This race was the first documented appearance of Harley-Davidson motorcycle.

First model features: The 1905 Harley-Davidson Model No. 1 was almost identical to the bikes built in 1903 and '04. Engine: Inlet-over-exhaust single. Capacity: 24.74cu. in. (405.41cc). Transmission: Single-speed, belt drive. Frame: Tubular loop. Weight: 1851b (84kg). Top speed (est.): 40mph (64km/h). Pedal-power was often needed when the engine alone did not provide enough power.
it's milwaukee ... :)
but the first real harley was assembled in Mongolia :)))
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

SINUS wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:27 pm
My Honda Magna is the world's best motorcycle!

My Triumph 955i was the world's best motorcycle! So SINUS your Honda Magna can keep top spot. I sold my Triumph to come here, but I had the pleasure of enjoyment building the bike too the photos, also my first airbrush work. Miss that bike :cry:

Image Image Image

Always "hope" but never "expect".
SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Post by SINUS »

AndyKK wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:04 pm
SINUS wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:27 pm
My Honda Magna is the world's best motorcycle!

My Triumph 955i was the world's best motorcycle!
I have no doubt about that. :) yours is the best!
but on my motorcycle I traveled 500,000 km through 100 countries.
yes ... and there is no airbrushing on it. :)

but yours is still the best! :)
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Great pic's Sinus. I bet you've got some good stories to tell.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

How long did it take ya? ( i do question the 500,000 miles thou) thats 20 times around the world.... At an average of riding 250 miles/day, thats 2,000 days or 5 1/2years

Kudos to ya.

Did ya ever read, Ted Simon,"Jupiter's travels"
4 years 78,000 miles thru 45 countries on a Triumph..

SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Post by SINUS »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:57 pm How long did it take ya? ( i do question the 500,000 miles thou) thats 20 times around the world....
but do not hesitate! :)
take a look.
https://sinusmoto.ru/mtravel/m_index.htm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic