Thai palace shares unusually candid images of king’s consort

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
angsta
Expatriate
Congo

Re: Thai palace shares unusually candid images of king’s consort

Post by angsta »

Spigzy wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:25 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:04 pm
Spigzy wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:05 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:16 am cute;;;
34 years old

No. Not even sure how this made BBC News front page, must be a slow day in America.
isnt BBC British? :D
It was. But if you can look at their website and tell me that the Yanks aren't pulling the strings, you're a better man than I. Simply look at the number of US related articles (even the "out in remote Montana, this dog just saved a neighbour's cat" shit makes front page - emphasis on neighbour, NOT neighbor, etc, etc.). #AngryLimey #BringUpTheMuskets #AndFetchLadyHamiltonOne
:evil:

Isn't that the international version of the BBC website?

He's a proper lunatic.The mad king.
Last edited by angsta on Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

sigmoid wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:30 pm Although it has been a topic of private discussion for decades, the vast majority of farang are still in the dark, or in denial, about where the kingdom is headed.
:please:
didn't you just post this on another thread?

Regardless of what is going on, Thailand, (compared to other countries in SE asia ) can be easy, inexpensive to live, work & raise a family in with all the conveniences of a developed country and as long as one keeps out of the bs, its ok..
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

the previous consort (or the one before that, I lost count) had more candid photos

monstra mihi bona!
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

34 years old

No. Not even sure how this made BBC News front page, must be a slow day in America.
It was. But if you can look at their website and tell me that the Yanks aren't pulling the strings, you're a better man than I. Simply look at the number of US related articles (even the "out in remote Montana, this dog just saved a neighbour's cat" shit makes front page - emphasis on neighbour, NOT neighbor, etc, etc.). #AngryLimey #BringUpTheMuskets #AndFetchLadyHamiltonOne
If you live inside the UK and Ireland (Or you’re on a VPN) you’ll get bbc.co.uk, which is UK centric, with some international news if you choose to read it.
If you type that web address outside of the UK you’ll automatically get sent to bbc.com, where it’s more world centric news, with international front pages.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

whatwat wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:29 pm
34 years old

If you live inside the UK and Ireland (Or you’re on a VPN) you’ll get bbc.co.uk, which is UK centric, with some international news if you choose to read it.
If you type that web address outside of the UK you’ll automatically get sent to bbc.com, where it’s more world centric news, with international front pages.
yeah Whatwat is right on point, although i didnt even know there was an international version of the BBC.co.uk site, i dont even read/watch the news, couldnt give a shit tbh :D :BangHead:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

34 years old

Front bage from outside uk shows most read, then you can click on world, us,uk etc at the top. I have given up. BBC reporting is badly researched, lighweight and very biased
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

34 years old

Yes yes, I know that. But seriously, keep an eye on articles on bbc.co.uk, you will see a heck of a lot of Americanisation (with an 's') even on the British news articles. Don't get me wrong, it is very subtle, but for sure there is an undercurrent that you would never have seen even 10 years ago. Something is amiss at Auntie ...
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Americanization surely?

Probably because the reporters are yanks or trained at a yank school. Like my English mates kids who speak with an American accent. Drives him crazy!
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:52 pm

yeah Whatwat is right on point, although i didnt even know there was an international version of the BBC.co.uk site, i dont even read/watch the news, couldnt give a shit tbh :D :BangHead:
Try the DailyMail. I thought it was a spoof!
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

whatwat wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:15 pm Americanization surely?

Probably because the reporters are yanks or trained at a yank school. Like my English mates kids who speak with an American accent. Drives him crazy!
That's his own fault for not investing time in his own kids' education. Last parents' meeting I had, our son's Canadian teacher was quite amused that our son (5y) tries to correct her English - and at least can discern between the two variations and accept Yanks & others speak a weird version.
:hattip:
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic