Bunny Bar on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Raided by Police for Prostitution & Underage Staff

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jack mehoff
Expatriate

Re: Bunny Bar on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Raided by Police for Prostitution & Underage Staff

Post by Jack mehoff »

cptrelentless wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:56 am Just remember the inside of PIEMAN's mouth is exactly the same as the inside of a hostess's mouth. When you have a bar you have different pay grades and terms for people in different roles, so you have a separate scheme for those doing the sucking as those doing the bar work, dog walking and fetching beer from the shop. So you know perfectly well what everyone is there for and what they are being paid. The manager knows exactly what is going on with whom.
And a customer offering enough money can most likely get any employee to do what they want even if it's not their normal job.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Bunny Bar on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Raided by Police for Prostitution & Underage Staff

Post by Freightdog »

Mishmash wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:01 pm Unlikely

lets see... my company has 160+ staff - any underage - Nooooooo... all my barang expat friends who have companies have underage staff... Nooooo.

Stop blaming the IDs

They knew what they were doing and the nonces got caught - good story.

Stop defending the nonces - it makes me sick - the Police and all units involved were and are correct.
As much as a moral high ground might be laudible, you are now indicting and convicting without clear proof or evidence, based on moral indignation.

If the facts are there, by all means, indict, convict.
But trial by Facebook is tantamount to vigilantism.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Freightdog wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:47 am
Mishmash wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:01 pm Unlikely

lets see... my company has 160+ staff - any underage - Nooooooo... all my barang expat friends who have companies have underage staff... Nooooo.

Stop blaming the IDs

They knew what they were doing and the nonces got caught - good story.

Stop defending the nonces - it makes me sick - the Police and all units involved were and are correct.
As much as a moral high ground might be laudible, you are now indicting and convicting without clear proof or evidence, based on moral indignation.

If the facts are there, by all means, indict, convict.
But trial by Facebook is tantamount to vigilantism.
He has already apologised. That's enough.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

How many are actually under age?
paparazzi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by paparazzi »

"SOME"
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Jack mehoff wrote:
angkorjohn2 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:19 am Just to clarify, I said the only thing worse then raping a child is murdering them.
A few years back a teenager raped a child. They had pulled up in the driveway of a relative’s house. The son had gone to the house first. After he did it, he confessed to his father still in the car that he had done such an awful thing and was ready to receive whatever punishment was deemed fit. His father had him get out, kneel on the pavement then dad shot him in the head at close range. When the police came to arrest the father, he claimed he had administered just punishment to his son and was willing to receive whatever punishment the state deemed because he had properly punished his son.
sammycooke
Expatriate
Canada

Post by sammycooke »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:35 am
Jack mehoff wrote:
angkorjohn2 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:19 am Just to clarify, I said the only thing worse then raping a child is murdering them.
A few years back a teenager raped a child. They had pulled up in the driveway of a relative’s house. The son had gone to the house first. After he did it, he confessed to his father still in the car that he had done such an awful thing and was ready to receive whatever punishment was deemed fit. His father had him get out, kneel on the pavement then dad shot him in the head at close range. When the police came to arrest the father, he claimed he had administered just punishment to his son and was willing to receive whatever punishment the state deemed because he had properly punished his son.
And?
So what happened?
Corey
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Corey »

Comrade Elmo Felo wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:46 pm John is out, and has been given 2 months to get out of dodge. A certain top cop and new on the block pizza restaurant are said to be behind the incident. Other businesses are well advised to keep squeaky clean in the coming months.

Oh, edit, and don't even pretend to offer BJs upstairs. The joke is lost on the authorities.
I don't understand how Olive&Olive name is getting involved with some dinky girly bar????
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Corey wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:53 pm
Comrade Elmo Felo wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:46 pm John is out, and has been given 2 months to get out of dodge. A certain top cop and new on the block pizza restaurant are said to be behind the incident. Other businesses are well advised to keep squeaky clean in the coming months.

Oh, edit, and don't even pretend to offer BJs upstairs. The joke is lost on the authorities.

I don't understand how Olive&Olive name is getting involved with some dinky girly bar????
As I recall pieman or someone said the word on the street was it was due to a tip off by olive and olive staff. If this was the case then you they should be applauded for stopping this if not then just ignore the gossip. They were arrested and clearly wanted to blame someone and the Daun Penh jungle drums are always beating. Considering pie man says everyone knew then I'm guessing anyone could be behind it but yes odd to attack the one normal place on that strip perhaps because they are new.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Who cares who was behind it, they had underage staff and were offering sexual services. I am glad someone had the courage to put an end to it, I don t care what the motivation was.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic