Bunny Bar on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Raided by Police for Prostitution & Underage Staff

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
Jack mehoff
Expatriate
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:07 pm
Reputation: 19

Re: Bunny Bar on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Raided by Police for Prostitution & Underage Staff

Post by Jack mehoff » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:41 am

cptrelentless wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:56 am
Just remember the inside of PIEMAN's mouth is exactly the same as the inside of a hostess's mouth. When you have a bar you have different pay grades and terms for people in different roles, so you have a separate scheme for those doing the sucking as those doing the bar work, dog walking and fetching beer from the shop. So you know perfectly well what everyone is there for and what they are being paid. The manager knows exactly what is going on with whom.
And a customer offering enough money can most likely get any employee to do what they want even if it's not their normal job.
User avatar
Freightdog
Expatriate
Posts: 425
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 8:41 am
Reputation: 170
Ireland

Re: Bunny Bar on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Raided by Police for Prostitution & Underage Staff

Post by Freightdog » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:47 am

Mishmash wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:01 pm
Unlikely

lets see... my company has 160+ staff - any underage - Nooooooo... all my barang expat friends who have companies have underage staff... Nooooo.

Stop blaming the IDs

They knew what they were doing and the nonces got caught - good story.

Stop defending the nonces - it makes me sick - the Police and all units involved were and are correct.
As much as a moral high ground might be laudible, you are now indicting and convicting without clear proof or evidence, based on moral indignation.

If the facts are there, by all means, indict, convict.
But trial by Facebook is tantamount to vigilantism.
Square pegs, round holes
Yerg
Expatriate
Posts: 305
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:41 pm
Reputation: 110
Great Britain

Re: Bunny Bar on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Raided by Police for Prostitution & Underage Staff

Post by Yerg » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:13 am

Freightdog wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:47 am
Mishmash wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:01 pm
Unlikely

lets see... my company has 160+ staff - any underage - Nooooooo... all my barang expat friends who have companies have underage staff... Nooooo.

Stop blaming the IDs

They knew what they were doing and the nonces got caught - good story.

Stop defending the nonces - it makes me sick - the Police and all units involved were and are correct.
As much as a moral high ground might be laudible, you are now indicting and convicting without clear proof or evidence, based on moral indignation.

If the facts are there, by all means, indict, convict.
But trial by Facebook is tantamount to vigilantism.
He has already apologised. That's enough.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:43 am
Reputation: 80
Cambodia

Re: Bunny Bar on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Raided by Police for Prostitution & Underage Staff

Post by canucklhead » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:19 am

How many are actually under age?
User avatar
paparazzi
Expatriate
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:08 am
Reputation: 130
New Zealand

Re: Bunny Bar on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Raided by Police for Prostitution & Underage Staff

Post by paparazzi » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:01 am

"SOME"
newkidontheblock
Expatriate
Posts: 1376
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 3:51 am
Reputation: 354

Re: Bunny Bar on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Raided by Police for Prostitution & Underage Staff

Post by newkidontheblock » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:35 am

Jack mehoff wrote:
angkorjohn2 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:19 am
Just to clarify, I said the only thing worse then raping a child is murdering them.
A few years back a teenager raped a child. They had pulled up in the driveway of a relative’s house. The son had gone to the house first. After he did it, he confessed to his father still in the car that he had done such an awful thing and was ready to receive whatever punishment was deemed fit. His father had him get out, kneel on the pavement then dad shot him in the head at close range. When the police came to arrest the father, he claimed he had administered just punishment to his son and was willing to receive whatever punishment the state deemed because he had properly punished his son.
sammycooke
Expatriate
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:30 pm
Reputation: 0
Canada

Re: Bunny Bar on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Raided by Police for Prostitution & Underage Staff

Post by sammycooke » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:25 am

newkidontheblock wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:35 am
Jack mehoff wrote:
angkorjohn2 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:19 am
Just to clarify, I said the only thing worse then raping a child is murdering them.
A few years back a teenager raped a child. They had pulled up in the driveway of a relative’s house. The son had gone to the house first. After he did it, he confessed to his father still in the car that he had done such an awful thing and was ready to receive whatever punishment was deemed fit. His father had him get out, kneel on the pavement then dad shot him in the head at close range. When the police came to arrest the father, he claimed he had administered just punishment to his son and was willing to receive whatever punishment the state deemed because he had properly punished his son.
And?
So what happened?
Corey
Tourist
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:47 pm
Reputation: 0
United States of America

Re: Bunny Bar on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Raided by Police for Prostitution & Underage Staff

Post by Corey » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:53 pm

Comrade Elmo Felo wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:46 pm
John is out, and has been given 2 months to get out of dodge. A certain top cop and new on the block pizza restaurant are said to be behind the incident. Other businesses are well advised to keep squeaky clean in the coming months.

Oh, edit, and don't even pretend to offer BJs upstairs. The joke is lost on the authorities.
I don't understand how Olive&Olive name is getting involved with some dinky girly bar????
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:39 am
Reputation: 180
United States of America

Re: Bunny Bar on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Raided by Police for Prostitution & Underage Staff

Post by angkorjohn2 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:18 pm

Corey wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:53 pm
Comrade Elmo Felo wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:46 pm
John is out, and has been given 2 months to get out of dodge. A certain top cop and new on the block pizza restaurant are said to be behind the incident. Other businesses are well advised to keep squeaky clean in the coming months.

Oh, edit, and don't even pretend to offer BJs upstairs. The joke is lost on the authorities.


I don't understand how Olive&Olive name is getting involved with some dinky girly bar????
As I recall pieman or someone said the word on the street was it was due to a tip off by olive and olive staff. If this was the case then you they should be applauded for stopping this if not then just ignore the gossip. They were arrested and clearly wanted to blame someone and the Daun Penh jungle drums are always beating. Considering pie man says everyone knew then I'm guessing anyone could be behind it but yes odd to attack the one normal place on that strip perhaps because they are new.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
Posts: 1097
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:00 am
Reputation: 678
United States of America

Re: Bunny Bar on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Raided by Police for Prostitution & Underage Staff

Post by Anthony's Weiner » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:06 pm

Who cares who was behind it, they had underage staff and were offering sexual services. I am glad someone had the courage to put an end to it, I don t care what the motivation was.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anchor Moy, Bing [Bot], Bubble T, CEOCambodiaNews, Gator, Joker Poker, Santzes, Spigzy, steelyRon, stupid-barang, taabarang and 588 guests