American Pedophile Fugitive KARL VON BOENNINGHAUSEN Arrested in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

American Pedophile Fugitive KARL VON BOENNINGHAUSEN Arrested in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News (Phnom Penh): The Department of Human Trafficking and Minor Protection, in collaboration with the Department of Investigation and Technology, together with assistance of the US Embassy security division, arrested a 66 year old American man, KARL VON BOENNINGHAUSEN , in Happy Guesthouse in Phnom Penh, for pedophile offenses committed in California, USA.
General Lieutenant Lao Lin reported that the suspect was arrested on the morning of August 26, 2019, and sent to the Department of Human Trafficking and Minors Protection for case preparations. The police confiscated 3 passports(2 used), 5 ATM cards, a laptop, 3 phones, 1 iPad, 3 memories cards, and a WiFi.
The Department of Human Trafficking and Minor Protection are preparing the case of the suspect with the evidence to send on to the Department of Immigration.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
paul.smith
Expatriate
Falkland Islands

Re: US Pedophile KARL VON BOENNIGHAUSEN Arrested in Happy Guesthouse in Phnom Penh

Post by paul.smith »

I would say bring back hanging but I expect spending the rest of his life in a US jail will be worse
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: US Pedophile KARL VON BOENNINGHAUSEN Arrested in Happy Guesthouse in Phnom Penh

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

1 min ago - BREAKING NEWS
Paedophile wanted in US nabbed in Phnom Penh
Anti-human trafficking police on Sunday arrested a foreign national wanted by US authorities over child sex abuse in California.

Police cooperated with the US embassy to apprehend 55-year-old Karl Von Boenninghausen in Daun Penh district in Phnom Penh.

“We arrested him based on a court’s warrant from the US state of California that stated that [Mr Boenninghausen] allegedly committed child sexual abuse in Los Angeles,” Colonel Lao Lin, chief of the anti-human trafficking police’s juvenile protection bureau, said today. “Police officers arrested him at the Happy Guesthouse in Daun Penh district. The arrest was coordinated by the Phnom Penh Municipal Court prosecutor.”

Col Lin said that Mr Boenninghausen is now held at the Interior Ministry in order to be questioned.

“We are investigating and continuing the procedure on this case,” he said.

Lieutenant General Chiv Phally, director of the anti-human trafficking and juvenile protection department of Ministry of Interior, said the US national is suspected of committing crimes against minors in the US in 2014 and 2016.

“The US embassy in Cambodia requested General Neth Savoeun, commissioner of the National Police, on August 20 to locate the suspect,” Lt Gen Phally said, adding that the suspect will be sent to the General Department of Immigration.

“We will send him to the General Department of Immigration next,” he said. “He will be deported to the USA soon because the crimes were committed in the USA.”
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50637202/p ... hnom-penh/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: US Pedophile KARL VON BOENNINGHAUSEN Arrested in Happy Guesthouse in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Anchor Moy »

Like any self-respecting fugitive from the law, Karl Boenninghausen is on facebook.
Same guy, right ?
Jack mehoff
Expatriate

Re: US Pedophile KARL VON BOENNIGHAUSEN Arrested in Happy Guesthouse in Phnom Penh

Post by Jack mehoff »

paul.smith wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:16 pm I would say bring back hanging but I expect spending the rest of his life in a US jail will be worse
His future while in California jails and prisons is gonna be ugly! Even though he will be in protective custody, a mandatory green light will be on him. Any white inmate that has a chance to get at him has to. Regardless of the situation. If another white inmate doesn't, that inmate will have consequences. Each race is required to clean up their own trash. His case and charges will be made known by the news or guards before he even hits a cell.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: American Pedophile Fugitive KARL VON BOENNINGHAUSEN Arrested in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

Lowest of the low peados are thats why people in developing countries like this should be carefull about the mud they fling.Once in a bar in snooky this guy came up to me and said i believe your a peado.I turned to the western bar manager and asked him did i hear that right.
He said you heard it right and i said to the Guy i do not know who you are what you are.But i will be sat in this stool tomorrow at 9am and come and repeat what you said.

I waited and waited then waited a bit longer his mate turns up and asks for a chat.I refused said i only want to speak to your mate.He left and niethet were seen again till i was in Patraya.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
soeurm
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: American Pedophile Fugitive KARL VON BOENNINGHAUSEN Arrested in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by soeurm »

He's going to PC and get a hit on real quick when he is back in the state.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I'm curious to know how they find these people once they've slipped through immigration. It says they arrested him in a guesthouse, which means he can't have been registered in a sanghat anywhere. I know they take a copy of your passport when you check in to guesthouses and hotels, but I assumed that was just kept as some kind of insurance policy if you trashed the room or left without paying. Do they email it through some kind of government database?

I would have thought Cambodia would be one of the easier countries to hide in in you were on the run, but considering quite a few of these animals get caught quite regularly, I'm often curious to know how they find out where they're staying?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

xandreu wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:19 pm I'm curious to know how they find these people once they've slipped through immigration. It says they arrested him in a guesthouse, which means he can't have been registered in a sanghat anywhere. I know they take a copy of your passport when you check in to guesthouses and hotels, but I assumed that was just kept as some kind of insurance policy if you trashed the room or left without paying. Do they email it through some kind of government database?

I would have thought Cambodia would be one of the easier countries to hide in in you were on the run, but considering quite a few of these animals get caught quite regularly, I'm often curious to know how they find out where they're staying?
When you check in at a guesthouse or hotel, what usually happens is they take a photocopy of your passport. What you don't see, is that after that the guesthouse/hotel will enter your name on a form for the Immigration Department with passport & visa no, nationality, length of stay - and then all these forms go to the immigration authorities. In a guesthouse in the provinces, they would come around every 2-4 weeks or so and pick them up. Once or twice they checked the staff's ID papers.
I guess the immigration forms go into a computer from there. It's a very laborious process, but there are plenty of bureaucrats so I suppose that keeps them in work.
Bedazzler!
Expatriate

Post by Bedazzler! »

Visa on arrival form makes you write down address where you are staying
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic