Gravel Truck Breaks Bridge

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Gravel Truck Breaks Bridge

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News (Pursat): In yet another truck accident this week, on August 25, 2019, a gravel delivery truck was being driven from Koh Kong to Pursat when it fell through a bridge and became stuck in Veal Veng district, Pursat.

The local people suspected that it was the overloaded truck that caused the bridge to break. The local authorities went the scene to help and coordinate the traffic. There was nobody injured.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Gravel Truck Breaks Bridge

Post by Clemen »

Looks like a Bailey bridge. Could be WWII vintage.
up to you...
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Those photos prove that the truck is only half full. Let the driver off and let's blame it on the maintainance schedual of the bridge
Spoiler:
Khmer thinking
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Waiting to see how they think they're going to remove it. Lol!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Clemen wrote:Looks like a Bailey bridge. Could be WWII vintage.
Yeah, nah, 2012.

Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

Barang chgout wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:32 pm
Yeah, nah, 2012.

I didn't mean in its current location, it could have been moved from somewhere else. And of course the bridge itself didn't fail, the roadway did. Anyway, I don't know, there are some vintage Baileys in SEA
up to you...
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Clemen wrote:
Barang chgout wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:32 pm
Yeah, nah, 2012.

I didn't mean in its current location, it could have been moved from somewhere else. And of course the bridge itself didn't fail, the roadway did. Anyway, I don't know, there are some vintage Baileys in SEA
One more in Osoam.Image

Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

They're a study of simplicity and elegant design, I love them. Thanks for the photo
up to you...
paul.smith
Expatriate
Falkland Islands

Post by paul.smith »

Small wooden bridge and big lorry loaded with gravel. The driver is braver than me, and stupider. Of course it was going to break. Next!
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

I’ve not heard of the Khmer refer to bravery as the doing of unsafe things. Unsafe is usually just part of normal everyday activities (like overcramming a mini bus, driving a gravel loaded truck over a wooden bridge, going the wrong way down a road, speeding at night, etc.)

Bravery is usually reserved for Khmer activities such as telling your wife you have extra wives at the various KTVs in town.

But then, I’m just an eternal tourist in the Kingdom of Wonder.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic