Chinese Driver Dies in Fatal Collision with Truck

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Chinese Driver Dies in Fatal Collision with Truck

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News (Battambang): A 45-year-old Chinese man, ZHU ZUOHUA, died in a car crash on August 23, 2019, at 4:15 pm, in Battambang.

The victim was driving a Lexus car plate no.PP2AZ-2813 when he collided with a Fuso truck plate no.Takeo 3A-2411. The truck driver ran away to escape. The victim died when arriving at Suvan clinic. RIP.
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Chinese Driver Dies in Fatal Collision with Truck

Post by Duncan »

You would think they would have the decency to lower that flag to half mast.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
paul.smith
Expatriate
Falkland Islands

Post by paul.smith »

Doesn't look very bad accident my Chinese standards/ I would imagine he was not wearing a safety belt It looks like a survivable accident. Using common sense and having basic driving skills he probably would be alive now.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

paul.smith wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:30 pm Doesn't look very bad accident my Chinese standards/ I would imagine he was not wearing a safety belt It looks like a survivable accident. Using common sense and having basic driving skills he probably would be alive now.
You do see that the truck is so far on the wrong side of the road it's actually on the shoulder right?
An unreliable narrator
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

1st photo shows a skid mark from a rear tyre that locked up. I’m guessing truck was overtaking and had no where to go and went further left. Oncoming car (the Chinese guy) went to his right and slid down the offside of the truck. Looks like the truck driver was at fault for a poorly executed overtaking manoeuvre.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic