Australian JUSTIN KING Asks Cambodian Immigration to Send Him Home

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Australian JUSTIN KING Asks Cambodian Immigration to Send Him Home

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Good luck to the poor bloke, but he doesn't seem to be very good at making friends.
The immigration cops all have slightly distasteful expressions,
none of that little bit of warmth, respect or just tolerant indulgence that you often see in these situations with indigent westerners.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Main question is why this qualifies as news? This is the best CEO has to offer? No barang died of a "heart attack" today? There was no moto run over by a drunken Chinese driver in a Lexus RX300? SHV did not flood today. No ladyboy fights on St. 136?

Slow day (or life ) in the KOW.
Perhaps you would like to make the occasional newsworthy contribution?
No one is paid after all.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Why is he being identified as Australian? That's racist. The headline should be "Pitiful Foreigner asks Immigration Officers for Ticket out of Personal Hell ".
Silence, exile, and cunning.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

frank lee bent wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:10 am
Main question is why this qualifies as news? This is the best CEO has to offer? No barang died of a "heart attack" today? There was no moto run over by a drunken Chinese driver in a Lexus RX300? SHV did not flood today. No ladyboy fights on St. 136?

Slow day (or life ) in the KOW.
Perhaps you would like to make the occasional newsworthy contribution?
No one is paid after all.
We are winning awards, the ratings are going thru the roof, and we are all feeling pretty good about ourselves.
Maybe we should be more magnanimous and start paying the staff a small pittance.
That way we could kick the peasants around the shop floor just that little bit more..
:-D :thumb:
pobrecito
BANNED

Post by pobrecito »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:09 am

Apart from its definition, the word often carries negative connotations toward the subject as if they're responsible or have brought upon their own demise through poor choices or shameful actions. "Pathetic" bears the burden of other negative undertones apart from its literal meaning, I think.
I think we are all primarily responsible for our own well being.

When a man from one of the richest countries in the world chooses to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to travel to one of the world's poorest countries WITHOUT buying a return ticket, and then violates that country's laws by not paying minimal visa fees, and then blows all his money in a country known for drinking and whoring, and THEN goes to officials in that country and says "Oh, I didn't buy a return ticket I want the people of Cambodia to buy my ticket home" then I think it's fair to say he made poor choices and engaged in shameful actions.

The consequence of this kind of fucktardery is that Cambodia is going to keep cracking down on foreigners by refusing to issue long term visas unless the applicant can show financial stability or by raising the annual visa extension fees so it can pay for the flights home of all these guys who run out of money.
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

' I think we are primarily responsible for our own wellbeing. "
I think he has a very valid point, perhaps not an easy sell but certainly refreshing if somewhat novel thought. From the one sentence alone I know he does not rock the man bun.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

Rubbish man.The immagration dept will contact his embassy and they will contact his family.You know some persons are proud and would rather try to get out off the hole there in.I only once ever asked family to repatriate me once.That was after the World cup in Mexico i had been working in San Diego and had run into a bit off trouble with the law.I had money in the uk money in my pocket but it still took a lot of soul searching to ask for help.
Cambodia pay jack shit to these guys,the officers at immagration are some off the nicest people i have met.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

pobrecito wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:56 am
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:09 am

Apart from its definition, the word often carries negative connotations toward the subject as if they're responsible or have brought upon their own demise through poor choices or shameful actions. "Pathetic" bears the burden of other negative undertones apart from its literal meaning, I think.
I think we are all primarily responsible for our own well being.
.... poor choices and engaged in shameful actions.

The consequence of this kind of fucktardery is that Cambodia is going to keep cracking down on foreigners by refusing to issue long term visas unless the applicant can show financial stability or by raising the annual visa extension fees so it can pay for the flights home of all these guys who run out of money.
The slide into this situation is usually a symptom of deteriorating psychological disfunctions.
For most it is not a choice - and hopefully to most, it is not shameful.
It is a medical condition rather than a moral one, both doctors and priests agree on that.

And i doubt if there are many votes amongst the expat community for tightening up the personal finance checking.
PS, Cambodia does not pay.

...just my view
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

A 51-year-old who loses his passport, overstays his visa and runs out of money in a foreign country is pathetic (literally and figuratively).

He's now found out he can't click his heals together, say "There's no place like home", and be magically transported back to Australia.
You could be next.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

Cruisemonkey wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:10 am A 51-year-old who loses his passport, overstays his visa and runs out of money in a foreign country is pathetic (literally and figuratively).

He's now found out he can't click his heals together, say "There's no place like home", and be magically transported back to Australia.
:fighting: please tell me you do not live in KOW
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic