Lost phone

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Lost phone

Post by PIEMAN »

:stir: Me mate messages me from mongolia he had left his phone in his hotel room on 178st monday morning.
He put it to one side and in a rush forgot to pick it up.Never noticed till he is in Hong Kong were he messages me.Im on a sesh and forgets all about the messages until this morning wed.Goes to hotel.My friend never stayed there they say.Sorry room 202 i say.No sorry no one stayed with that name.Sorry there it is written in the book.Oh what did he leave behind.A brand new phone Khmer chatter looks off oh shit.Sorry sir no phone found.
Messages my mate do you want me to take it further they are obviously lying.He says no.Its his fault for being forgetfull .600 bucks down the swanny.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Lost phone

Post by GMJS-CEO »

:stir:

Having an extended session PIEMAN?

I remember those, well some of them. :beer2:
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

He could’ve stayed at a higher class hotel. The staff there wouldn’t have let him leave without making sure he had his phone back. Problem solved.

All joking aside, sorry he lost his phone.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

I remember when the only way to lose your phone was if your house burnt down.
You could be next.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Why so discrete? “A hotel on 178” is not going to help anyone avoiding the liars.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:stir: could not remenber the name last night but Grand River Boutique 178st.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I'm happy to know Mr Google cannot find some people by tracking their phone.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
pobrecito
BANNED

Post by pobrecito »

If a stranger walks in off the street asking questions about guests or former guests of the hotel, the staff should say "I don't know" or "Go away"

Sounds as if this guy didn't notice his phone was missing until hours after he checked out, he could have lost it anywhere, lots of theft from carry on bags going to and from Hong Kong
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i'd say 90% of the hotels i stay in, when i go checkout, someone goes up to the room and checks the room.

He could have lost it anywhere, so why accuse the hotel?

and as stated above, why should the desk even say anything to some random guy off the street asking about someone that might or might not have stayed there?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

pobrecito wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:17 am If a stranger walks in off the street asking questions about guests or former guests of the hotel, the staff should say "I don't know" or "Go away"

Sounds as if this guy didn't notice his phone was missing until hours after he checked out, he could have lost it anywhere, lots of theft from carry on bags going to and from Hong Kong

No shit...
PIEMAN wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:39 am Sorry room 202 i say.No sorry no one stayed with that name.Sorry there it is written in the book.Oh what did he leave behind.A brand new phone Khmer chatter looks off oh shit.Sorry sir no phone found.
He has the name, the dates, the room number. That's someone walking in off the street? Sounds like someone inquiring on behalf of a customer to me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic