Lost phone

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
pobrecito
BANNED

Re: Lost phone

Post by pobrecito »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:54 am

He has the name, the dates, the room number. That's someone walking in off the street? Sounds like someone inquiring on behalf of a customer to me.
It sounds like someone who's not a hotel guest asking questions about a hotel guest. He should be told to scram.

If the guest wants to contact the hotel by phone or email about his phone he should do that and make arrangements for the hotel to give it to someone local.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

pobrecito wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:32 am
Kammekor wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:54 am

He has the name, the dates, the room number. That's someone walking in off the street? Sounds like someone inquiring on behalf of a customer to me.
It sounds like someone who's not a hotel guest asking questions about a hotel guest. He should be told to scram.

If the guest wants to contact the hotel by phone or email about his phone he should do that and make arrangements for the hotel to give it to someone local.
If those were the high ethical standards of the 'hotel' they should have told Pieman:

'We're sorry, we never provide info about our customer, but please advise your friend to contact us by e-mail or phone. We also advise him to keep the booking number readily available for verification'.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:40 am 'We're sorry, we never provide info about our customer, but please advise your friend to contact us by e-mail or phone. We also advise him to keep the booking number readily available for verification'.
That's far above the pay grade of some poor accountant major who earns $120 working 12 hours per day at Grand River Boutique on Street 178.

Imagine PIEMAN stumbling in holding the same crowbar he was chasing scobienz with after a multiple day sesh when all has been forgot. Poor lass in the reception will confidently say that she doesn't know anything just to make the intimidating man with the beer gut go away.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Was it an iPhone XS?

Coincidentally, I was shopping at Aeon 1 yesterday and some chinese dude who didn't speak english approached me and starts showing me his phone. I thought he was just a tourist asking for some info or help..

Anyway, he goes through the phone's menu and shows me it's an iPhone XS with 256 GB and saying something like 'send it, send it'. I said I didn't understand...then he goes to google translate and speaks in chinese but it doesn't work. By this time, I'm getting fed up and say sorry and walk off. He follows me saying 'hello, hello' and I wave him off.

As I walk back to the carpark the penny drops...he meant 'sell it, sell it' lol
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

fax wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:44 am
Kammekor wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:40 am 'We're sorry, we never provide info about our customer, but please advise your friend to contact us by e-mail or phone. We also advise him to keep the booking number readily available for verification'.
That's far above the pay grade of some poor accountant major who earns $120 working 12 hours per day at Grand River Boutique on Street 178.

Imagine PIEMAN stumbling in holding the same crowbar he was chasing scobienz with after a multiple day sesh when all has been forgot. Poor lass in the reception will confidently say that she doesn't know anything just to make the intimidating man with the beer gut go away.
Pieman has a beer gut?
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:stir: he sure does.now i could have told my mate to do his leg work himself but were i come from you help your mates out and this guy is from my town and a good friend.I thought what went on the past was forgotten but some off you have short memories.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

clutchcargo wrote:Was it an iPhone XS?

Coincidentally, I was shopping at Aeon 1 yesterday and some chinese dude who didn't speak english approached me and starts showing me his phone. I thought he was just a tourist asking for some info or help..

Anyway, he goes through the phone's menu and shows me it's an iPhone XS with 256 GB and saying something like 'send it, send it'. I said I didn't understand...then he goes to google translate and speaks in chinese but it doesn't work. By this time, I'm getting fed up and say sorry and walk off. He follows me saying 'hello, hello' and I wave him off.

As I walk back to the carpark the penny drops...he meant 'sell it, sell it' lol
Had a Chinese dude offer me an iphone on the street last week. Hello, sell, sell.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Sorry OP, for the loss of the phone.

Your friend needs to stay in a higher quality place.

Places where I tend to stay, the front desk would probably force the phone back in your hand and not let you leave without it.
pobrecito
BANNED

Post by pobrecito »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:35 pm Sorry OP, for the loss of the phone.

Your friend needs to stay in a higher quality place.

Places where I tend to stay, the front desk would probably force the phone back in your hand and not let you leave without it.
Oh please. You stay at Sun & Moon. It's a hotel in a red light district where guests sometimes overdose and the staff goes over their detailed hooker-related policies, orally and in writing, with every guest who checks in.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic