American SHAUN EARL ROBINSON Arrested for Obscenity Against Minors in Siem Reap

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jack mehoff
Expatriate

Re: American SHAUN EARL ROBINSON Arrested for Obscenity Against Minors in Siem Reap

Post by Jack mehoff »

JL Gray wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:54 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:29 pm There is a pattern on forums where a relatively new member will start posting on a thread about pedophilia, basically defending the actions of the person accused: Maybe they are innocent etc. The victims were asking for it etc.
I think that members agree that there is no place for excusing pedophilia or child abuse on CEO. It is creepy to say that it might be ok to invite street kids into your room for whatever purported reason. No, it is not ok for any reason.

You can contact the Child Helpline http://childhelpline.org.kh/contact-us/ if you are concerned about kids being abused or abandoned, or if they are sick then take them to a hospital. Do not take them home.
If you are in Sihanoukville, you can contact Mlop Tabang, a long time charity for kids in difficulty. http://mloptapang.org/
I'm not talking about pedophilia at all! I am just saying its OK for Western men to live with Cambodian children or go on trips with them even if they are not dating the mom. Like Duncan. Some single men just enjoy being around children and helping them.

sorry if I have offended
"Some single men just enjoy being around children" is a really questionable statement. If you mean that in an innocent way, go volunteer time or money with a NGO and be around them in a supervised setting with less doubts. NEVER bring a child to your place for a night unsupervised. Because in my mind there is NO doubt about the type of individual who has a street kid in his room for a sleepover.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: American SHAUN EARL ROBINSON Arrested for Obscenity Against Minors in Siem Reap

Post by frank lee bent »

Using a sock to troll is inadvisable with these kind of subjects lest people start to wonder if the opinions expressed are genuine.
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

There seems to be a great deal of emotion around this topic and nobody seems to be looking at the facts. The fact is Mr Robinson had a child staying overnight with him either innocently or not. The mother accused him of a crime. he may be innocent but can he prove it or is this a case of blackmail? We can be certain that the police will help the mother squeeze money out of Mr Robinson either way.

I used to have many children come to my house every day. They were just local children who came to watch TV or play in the front garden. Their parents knew where they were and were happy they were not out on the street. But my lawyer warned me constantly of the risk of blackmail. I liked having the children around but I ensured that there were always many children and they all knew that they strictly had to go home by 6pm. Some children actually asked to stay overnight but my answer was always absolutely NO.

My point is its all about risk. Mr Robinson may be guilty or he may be innocent but he may not be able to prove his innocence. Always beware of the risk of blackmail and take precautions. Do not allow children to stay overnight.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:16 pm
JL Gray wrote:
Sometimes guys want a relationship with the kids more so than with their mom.

This is so disturbing, you are creeping me out.
Unfortunatley i know a guy who said this too me
I told him in not so many words that it was wrong.Maybe 3 months ago he turned up in a bar i was in with this young girl who is very pretty but very young i hit the roof and had too leave before i tore him to peices and according to persons who wete there i was in the wrong.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Jack mehoff
Expatriate

Post by Jack mehoff »

PIEMAN wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:09 am
rozzieoz wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:16 pm
JL Gray wrote:
Sometimes guys want a relationship with the kids more so than with their mom.

This is so disturbing, you are creeping me out.
Unfortunatley i know a guy who said this too me
I told him in not so many words that it was wrong.Maybe 3 months ago he turned up in a bar i was in with this young girl who is very pretty but very young i hit the roof and had too leave before i tore him to peices and according to persons who wete there i was in the wrong.
That says more about the people in the bar at that time than a negative reflection of you.
Andrew Nasia
Tourist

Post by Andrew Nasia »

frank lee bent wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:18 pm Cam Nivag's dark secrets.

Hope his GF never finds out.

That would be very ironic given his long history of exposing misdeeds as a hobby.
Might explain why Cam has travelled to Cambodia so often over the past decade and a half. :chin:
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

That was not my intended meaning.
I was speaking to the constant malicious trolling.
Such grave accusations should have some evidence.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

frank;
we know, Gav just likes to stir shit up.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

frank lee bent wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:14 am That was not my intended meaning.
I was speaking to the constant malicious trolling.
Such grave accusations should have some evidence.
Indeed.

JL Gray being a Cam Nivag sock continued on his mission to discredit another member.

Before he got banned for offending and attacking other members, he had been questioning the living arrangements that member had with children. Without any evidence as you say other than the said member stating that such living arrangements did exist.

So when JL Gray posted words to the effect it's OK for unrelated guys to have children live with them even if they're not in a relationship with the mother, he didn't mean what he said as he had ulterior motives:

1. to stir up a hornet's nest and get everybody on here to say those living arrangements are not OK...that worked

2. hopefully bait the said member to agree with the notion and confirm and/or expand on those living arrangements...that worked.

Then, take up again where he finished off before he was banned with this post:
No what is obvious is that many here think it’s wrong for any Western man to live with unrelated Cambodian children unless it’s a big big CEO poster and then it’s OK?
While we suspected JL Gray was a Cam Nivag sock earlier on, that post confirmed it and hence his banning (albeit he would have got banned anyway had he not been a sock).

So, ignore the JL Gray posts coz it was a set up all along.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Kind of begs the question as to what kind of person likes to ridicule down and out old men on Riverside and expose petty criminals as a recreational pastime.

No wonder they gave him the sack in Vegas.

Maybe the trolling makes him feel better about his friendless existence.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic