Mall Mania in Phnom Penh

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Mall Mania in Phnom Penh

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia News: A new mall temporarily opened to the public in Phnom Penh today, 21 August 2019, with the soft opening of the Japanese owned mall, The Point Center, expected to be fully up and running later this year.
There are several malls currently under construction in Phnom Penh which are expected to be completed in 2019 - 2020.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Mall Mania in Phnom Penh

Post by xandreu »

Nice to see Phnom Penh modernising into a normal capital city. If only they could do something about the road system and rubbish dumps spread throughout the city.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

New Chinese-backed PP mall to open in December
Publication date 22 August 2019 | 21:26 ICT
A three-storey Chinese-backed mall in the capital will officially open in December this year, according to a company announcement on Thursday.

The One Mall project is led by The One Mall Management (Cambodia) Co., Ltd, a subsidiary of Chinese firm Ming Sheung International Investment Co., Ltd.

It is being constructed on a 12,000sqm plot near The Bridge building in Phnom Penh’s Tonle Bassac district.

The value of the firm’s investment has not been disclosed.

The One Mall will comprise of shops, a kid’s zone, a fitness centre, restaurants and clothing stores, according to the company. The rapidly progressing project’s construction began in June, with completion of the structure scheduled for October.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/ ... n-december
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

ghost development.
they never work without a big supermarket as anchor.
needs a tesco lotus or makro.
Mr.November
Expatriate
Poland

Post by Mr.November »

Cambodia does need new malls, and especially more supermarkets. It’s good news that more of that is coming. I find prices here expensive, groceries, quality home stuff, all costs more than in the west, so competition is more than welcome.

From what I experienced visiting over 50 developing countries is that most don’t have maby supermarkets but rather small shops and stalls, which are unpleasant places to buy stuff (unless you are drinking and having an “adventure”) because of the dirt, flies and no fixed prices. So it’s good to have choice and better environment for shopping.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Just about every mall throughout Thailand and Singapore has a supermarket AND a food court
I find prices here expensive, groceries, quality home stuff, all costs more than in the west,
As most goods come from the west, thailand, Vietnam and China one would expect the prices to be higher

I see already to many malls in Cambodia, ( Phnom Penh) to support the minority population that can afford to shop in them
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

They need some Burger King in the outlying inactive post of kampong thom , make my stay here worth living .. .
Dismal ...
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Unimpressed by the Khmer for Khmer malls. City Mall is dying. Soft opened Olympic is a poorly designed space with already crumbing infrastructure.

Aeon gets the mall concept right. It’s like the Romans coming to barbarians and turning them Roman. Noticed small changes in Khmer behavior since the Japanese malls opened. Aeon constantly changes, facilities are always kept clean and working. Wouldn’t mind going to Aeon 3 and 4.

Will be interesting to see the Mainland Chinese concept of malls soon. Will it be all inclusive like the Japanese or a mess.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I would love to see a Buntings Warehouses open. Still plenty of unused land near Aeon 2.that would be suitable
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Duncan wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:43 am I would love to see a Buntings Warehouses open. Still plenty of unused land near Aeon 2.that would be suitable
Bunnings would be great! There is a new place out by Aeon 2 called Global House, kind of like a Bunnings or Mitre 10 Mega but not as good.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic