What phone apps do you use in Cambodia?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
JoeSchmoe2000
Tourist

What phone apps do you use in Cambodia?

Post by JoeSchmoe2000 »

I used to live in Thailand and relied heavily on Grab (which we have here) as well as Foodpanda and some grocery delivery apps. Which apps are great for Cambodia, good and bad?
brisie
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: What phone apps do you use in Cambodia?

Post by brisie »

Stops near me but I've never caught a local bus.
Pass app enough said
Meal temple haven't order anything yet most don't have photos of the food
JoeSchmoe2000
Tourist

Post by JoeSchmoe2000 »

Thanks. Are there any grocery deliver apps?
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

JoeSchmoe2000 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:28 pm Thanks. Are there any grocery deliver apps?
Yes.. get Wife 2.0
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

But of course Wife 2.0 has operating issues.. mainly it won't allow other apps to run consecutively... it crashes if you launch Girlfriend 1.1 for a start!
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

To save you from looking.. if you recognized the above.. its fro. This golden oldie....
Dear Tech Support: Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0. I soon noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of space and valuable resources. In addition, Wife 1.0 installed itself into all other programs and now monitors all other system activities, such as Poker Night 10.3, Football 5.0, Going To The Pub 7.5, and Softball 3.6 I can't seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run my other favorite applications. I'm thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0, but the uninstall doesn't work on Wife 1.0. Please help! Thanks, Troubled User..... _____________________ REPLY: Dear Troubled User: This is a very common problem that men often complain about. Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0, thinking that it is just a Utilities and Entertainment program. Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and is designed by its Creator to run EVERYTHING!!! It is also impossible to delete Wife 1.0 and to return to Girlfriend 7.0. It is impossible to uninstall, or purge, the program files from the system once installed. You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is designed to not allow this. Look in your Wife 1.0 manual under Warnings: Alimony-Child Support. You could maybe try Divorce 1.0 to reformat your system, but just remember though that it's lawyers utility is a separate and resource hungry upgrade. Be warned, if you choose to go with Divorce 1.0 you will lose EVERYTHING in the process. Next time you decide to upgrade Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0, remember to back up your important files using Pre-nup 9.9 encryptions. Another option worth considering is to simply leave Wife 1.0 operating system the way it is, but get yourself a separate new system and install Mistress 6.9......Just make sure that this new system has no external access to prevent the possibility of hacking into Wife 1.0. I would recommend that you keep Wife 1.0 though and work on improving the situation. I suggest installing the background application Yes Dear 2.7 to alleviate your program problems. The best course of action is to enter the command C:\APOLOGIZE! because ultimately you will have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the system will return to normal anyway. Wife 1.0 is a great program, but it tends to be very high maintenance! Wife 1.0 does come with several support programs, such as Clean and Sweep 3.0, Cook It 1.5, and Do Bills 4.2. However, be very careful how you use these programs. Improper use will cause the system to launch the program Nag Nag 9.5 . Once this happens, the only way to improve the performance of Wife 1.0 is to purchase additional software. I recommend Flowers 2.1 and Diamonds 5.0. WARNING!!! DO NOT, under any circumstances, install Secretary With Short Skirt 3.3 . This application is not supported by Wife 1.0 and will cause irreversible damage to the operating system! Best of luck, Tech Support
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Grab (PassApp as backup)
SmartLuy (mobile top up, free money transfer, payments)
SmartNas (manage pre-paid mobile)
Nham24 (food delivery)
Google translate (hit & miss)
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

JoeSchmoe2000 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:28 pm Are there any grocery deliver apps?
https://delishop.asia
brisie
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by brisie »

JoeSchmoe2000 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:28 pm Thanks. Are there any grocery deliver apps?
Aeon sign by phone number order on website orders above $15 they where doing free delivery not sure they still offer that.
Not really an app so I didn't mention it.
https://aeononlineshopping.com/index.ph ... ommon/home
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic