Russian, KIRILL KONIN, Arrested Causing Commotion in Condominium

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Russian, KIRILL KONIN, Arrested Causing Commotion in Condominium

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking NewsPHNOM PENH: On August 19, 2019, the Phnom Penh Police Department's Office of Investigation and Procedure at the Department of Immigration has received a 42-year-old Russian male, KIRILL KONIN , from the police force of the Boeung Reang Provincial Administration in Daun Penh where he was arrested for disturbing the peace.
Daun Penh police said the Russian was causing a commotion in a Phnom Penh condominium, and after they asked for his papers, they discovered that he is not in possession of a valid passport.
The man, who was acting disturbed, was then sent on to the Immigration Department for the investigation and implementation of his case.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Russian, KIRILL KONIN, Arrested Causing Commotion in Condominium

Post by frizzie77 »

WTF, first the Kiwi road raging without a valid passport (newsworthy/kiwi-mark-millin-booked-for- ... 31473.html), now a Russian disturbing the peace without a valid passport...

Do these guys purposely want to attract attention of the competent authorities? How dumb can you be?

I suppose the 'not having a valid passport' part is closely related to brain cells.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

I hope the police are not involved in losing those passports. That would be fucked up.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

fax wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:08 am I hope the police are not involved in losing those passports. That would be fucked up.
I would put my money on alcohol being the culprit. Both of these guys probably left their passports as collateral for unpaid bar tabs.
JohnLocke
Tourist

Post by JohnLocke »

Sorry for dragging up old post but if anyone’s curious, this kirtill guy has like bipolar and he stopped taking his meds. I think he was like stressed about his wife divorcing him or wanting one and so he said fuck all to his meds and ended up locked up. His wife sent him back to Russia to seek medical treatment.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

JohnLocke wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:55 am Sorry for dragging up old post but if anyone’s curious, this kirtill guy has like bipolar and he stopped taking his meds. I think he was like stressed about his wife divorcing him or wanting one and so he said fuck all to his meds and ended up locked up. His wife sent him back to Russia to seek medical treatment.
Good. That's where that clown belongs. In Russia.
TheImplication
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by TheImplication »

Communist Causing Commotion in Condominium Caught by Competent Cambodian Cops.
numacsys
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by numacsys »

Desperate times for many. Dwindling funds, stress, alcohol et al. And maybe unresponsive families back home who refuse to do more Western Union transfers.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

numacsys wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:02 am Desperate times for many. Dwindling funds, stress, alcohol et al. And maybe unresponsive families back home who refuse to do more Western Union transfers.
This was a year ago.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
numacsys
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by numacsys »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:05 am
numacsys wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:02 am Desperate times for many. Dwindling funds, stress, alcohol et al. And maybe unresponsive families back home who refuse to do more Western Union transfers.
This was a year ago.
I see. Apologies. I always fall for this. Should have checked the date and the fact that they weren’t wearing masks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic