Kiwi MARK MILLIN Booked for Road Rage in Siem Reap

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Kiwi MARK MILLIN Booked for Road Rage in Siem Reap

Post by rozzieoz »

I’d love it if Mark stopped with the threats and answered some of the questions.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Comrade Elmo Felo wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:13 pm Is this you Mark?
A man who spent 13 years taking $360,000 of taxpayer's money he wasn't entitled to does not have to pay back a cent.

In March, Mark Millin was sentenced to three years jail and ordered to pay back the money he received from ACC. A jury had found the 47-year-old guilty of fraudulently using a document and perverting the course of justice by getting a friend to lie on his behalf.

After Millin was injured on June 29, 1998, he claimed weekly compensation from the Accident Compensation Corporation. That form of compensation is based on a person's earnings at the time they were injured.

Millin told ACC he had been working for Craig Murphy Carpet Layers in Hastings when he suffered the injury and that he had been paid $975 for the week of June 22-28. Based on that he was eligible for compensation and was paid $602.81 before tax per week from July 6, 1998.

When ACC reviewed Millin's case in mid-2010 it discovered he had not received $975 in the week June 22-28, that he had not been employed by Craig Murphy, and that the information he provided in 1998 was false.

The corporation alleged Millin was a friend of Murphy and had just helped him out for two or three days.

Investigators spoke to Murphy in January and March 2011 while reviewing Millin's entitlements.

Over that period Millin wrote to Murphy and told him what to say at an upcoming ACC review hearing. He sent him a statement and told him to "write it out, date and sign it, read it 100 times, and burn the originals".

He urged Murphy to say he had been paid $900 for the week in 1998 and provided a list of questions he might be asked. He also sent him a pre-paid telephone which he had to use if he was calling Millin.

Overall, Millin, who now lives in Northland, received $362,895 he was not entitled to between 1998 and 2011.

Millin appealed both his jail sentence and the $360,000 reparation he was ordered to pay ACC.

His lawyer Bill Calver argued that Millin was entitled to compensation and all he did was inflate the level of pay he had received. Calver said his deception was between $5000 and $10,000.

A Court of Appeal decision released today, said the reparation was ''pointless'' and should not have been made.

Millin has not been able to work since 1998 and would likely receive a benefit once he was released from jail.
He was in financial difficulty following his arrest with his house being sold in a mortgagee sale.

Justice Simon France acknowledged that Judge Tony Adeane did not have any information on Millin's equity at the time of sentencing.

Justice France quashed the reparation order but upheld his prison sentence.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/9051720 ... -000-taken

or this?
Prescription drugs found in passenger's luggage
A Cheviot sickness beneficiary was found with thousands of pills in his luggage when he arrived at Christchurch Airport from Thailand.

Mark William Millin pleaded guilty to the charges of importing prescription medicines without a reasonable excuse, when he appeared before Judge Stephen Erber in the Christchurch District Court today.

He had been found with 30 packets of 100 tablets – that’s 3000 tablets – of the analgesic Amadol, sometimes known as Tramadol, police prosecutor Trudi Aickin told the court.

He also had 7500 codeine sulphate tablets.

The drugs were discovered when he flew in to Christchuch Airport from Thailand on August 27.

Miss Aickin said Millin, 43, told police he had bought all the medicines in Thailand for his own use.

“There is always suspicion attached to this sort of behaviour,” said Judge Erber.

Defence counsel Gerard Lynch replied: “There are letters from his practitioners saying he has a very long history of use of the two prescription drugs that were imported.”

Judge Erber remanded Millen on bail to December 9 for a probation report and sentence. He will stay with his sister in Ngongotaha, near Rotorua, during the remand.
http://www.courtnews.co.nz/story.php?id ... 5LdU_OSee0

If the cap fits fella.
He’ll be back in a cell where he belongs in no time. Thief.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

MarkNZ
Tourist

Post by MarkNZ »

Please delete this. I don’t want my kids to see this if they search my name. Thank you.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

MarkNZ wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:28 pm Please delete this. I don’t want my kids to see this if they search my name. Thank you.
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

MarkNZ wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:28 pm Please delete this. I don’t want my kids to see this if they search my name. Thank you.
Don't scam your government to receive money you don't deserve, don't illegally smuggle controlled medications to other countries, don't make veiled threats to people online, and don't take people's keys when you have an accident, and most of your problems will be solved!

If you'd like us to add your side of the story to the OP, let us know and we'll add it there for you. :hattip:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

If it were up to me MarkNZ, I would but then you would be in debt to a happily married queer and there is no telling what disgusting things I would want to extort from your former male model ever so hot self. Oh and if we all pegged you for a top bloke from the start I imagine your children are all too aware of what you are. If I were you, besides not wearing sandals with socks, I would tell my kids it was all part of an elaborate scam to defraud an insurance company. I am sure they would believe it given your record.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

When I searched Mark Millin, I got this. Is this you ?
Man defrauds ACC of $350k, jailed
ImageBy Sophie Lowery | NewsTalk – 2 hours 45 minutes ago

Print

A Northland man has been sent to prison for three years, for defrauding ACC of more than $350,000.

Mark Millin received weekly payments of $600.00 for over a decade, after overstating hours worked for a carpet laying company.

An investigation revealed Millin was in fact a non-earner before his accident and therefore not entitled to earnings-related compensation.

The 46-year-old also attempted to get his employer to support his false claims.

The judge told Millin his crime needs to be denounced to deter others from defrauding the system.

Millin is liable to pay $360,000 in reparation.
https://accforum.org/forums/index.php?/ ... 0k-jailed/

My point is that it's not just CEO who have mentioned you on the internet. Whoever does a search on you will find you somewhere, if not here then elsewhere.
MarkNZ
Tourist

Post by MarkNZ »

General Mackevili wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:15 pm
Don't scam your government to receive money you don't deserve, don't illegally smuggle controlled medications to other countries, don't make veiled threats to people online, and don't take people's keys when you have an accident, and most of your problems will be solved!

If you'd like us to add your side of the story to the OP, let us know and we'll add it there for you. :hattip:
Are you the owner
Youre red
Take this down
Or your
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

MarkNZ wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:31 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:15 pm

Are you the owner
Youre red
Take this down
Or your
"Or your...." what? You did not finish the post
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic