First Cambodia-made E-bike To Launch In September

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

07/08/2019
Voltra Motors, a local scooter manufacturer, will officially launch at the beginning of next month, company founder and director Yann Vaudin disclosed.

The company was registered with the Ministry of Commerce (MOC) late last year, and the patent for the Voltra brand was approved in 2017.

Mr Vaudin, a renewable energy engineer from France, said they created Voltra Motors to help the local economy and environment.

Mr Vaudin, who came to Cambodia in 2013 and is married to a local, is also the owner of Green e-Bike, the first electric bike rental business in Cambodia. Green e-Bike was started in Siem Reap in 2014.

“Environmental pollution is a problem here. Electric scooters can help minimise it,” he said.

Cambodia’s rapid growth has led to significant environmental pollution, which is most pronounced in the cities. Phnom Penh alone has around 1.7 million motorbikes, significantly contributing to the problem.

“Each year, motorbikes release 3.2 million tonnes of CO2 in the atmosphere in Phnom Penh. This is causing a short-term public health problem,” he said.

“To reduce pollution, we need to plant 15 million trees. 10,000 electric motorbikes on the roads would mean 18,000 fewer tonnes of CO2 per year, which is equivalent to planting 88,000 trees.

“Another thing is that this will make Cambodia known not just for rice, clothes, and other products, but also as a country that can produce technology,” he stressed.

Mr Vaudin said they have already produced two prototypes that have been shown around Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, and other parts of the Kingdom.

“Customers can order from us, and we will make the scooters for them,” he said.

Voltra Motors will import high-quality parts and assemble them at a warehouse and manufacturing site close to Phnom Penh’s airport. Their showroom is located at St. 111, near Orussey market.

Mr Vaudin said they are focusing on quality. “The parts were made according to European standards. Its assembly will be under French supervision,” he stressed.
Full article: https://www.b2b-cambodia.com/news/first ... september/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Re: First Cambodia-made E-bike To Launch In September

Post by whatwat »

10,000 electric motorbikes is equal to a new coal fired power station.

“Imported quality parts” in other words Chinese made products shipped in and assembled here thus avoiding any ABA or taxes to USA.

That’s the narrative. Nothing to do with “saving Cambodia’s environment” whatsoever. Selling locally is just a bi product.

He’s a businessman looking to make a healthy profit and employ locals. Fair enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

To give you some idea what they look like.They don't come in pink, but there's a special offer on until November.
A Voltra e-bike costs $899 with a 1-year warranty. Voltra Motors opened a pre-order website (www.voltramotors.com) where you can get it at just $799 until October 31.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Mr Vaudin also pointed out that a Voltra e-bike has a top speed of 40 km/h, promoting safe driving in cities.

“With a full battery, you can drive it for 50 km before you need to recharge it. And you can recharge it anywhere as long as there is a power source for its removable battery. Charging the battery takes about four hours, but you can also just carry an additional battery to be able to cover 100 km in one go,” he pointed out.

“It also runs well on and off the road,” he added.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Only good for runs to the store or take the kid to school,
Anything that cuts down on fossil fuel usage and cuts the worlds dependency on the Arabs is good in my book..

would be concerned about traveling more than 30 kms in one direction and not being able to get home.

Can see it now...
Non Khmer speaker asking a local khmer if he can "plug" in his bike at their house>>>and wait around for 4 hours...LOL
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

An e-bike will be perfect for Cambodia... I’m sure the rolling power cuts won’t affect it’s up take.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Nice....

Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Brody wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:14 am Nice....
Nicer... :hattip:

Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Be interesting to know how much tyres are and a second battery, like where to put it!

I might give it a test drive when I’m in PP but running s Moto here is so cheap. I use my bicycle anyway when in PP.

Still think they are made in chink land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Right so I did some research and messaged them through FB - asking how they differ from their SR rental business, where they are actually made how much replacement parts are etc etc.

Just said go to the website which I did and why I was asking further questions. Terrible marketing.
I was seriously interested in buying quite a few for our customers to use.

I’m out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic