First Cambodia-made E-bike To Launch In September

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: First Cambodia-made E-bike To Launch In September

Post by Brody »

Spigzy wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:55 pm I was referring to the bike ;)
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

December 13, 2019
First Cambodian electric motorbike has official launch

According to its creator, the Voltra e-bike is more environmentally-friendly, cheaper and easier to drive on and off the road than conventional gasoline-powered motorbikes. KT/Pann Rachana

Voltra Motors, the manufacturer of the first Cambodia-made electric motorbike, has officially opened its doors to the public.

The launching comes nearly a year after the company was registered with the Ministry of Commerce and two years after the patent for the Voltra brand received government approval.

The elaborate ceremony yesterday, which also launched the company’s innovative and environmentally-friendly product, drew many dignitaries to the Voltra Motors headquarters and showroom close to the Orusey Market in Phnom Penh.

Bjorn Haggmark, the Swedish Ambassador to Cambodia, E Vuthy, deputy secretary general of the General Secretariat of the National Council for Sustainable Development, Philippe Baudry, head of the economic department at the French Embassy, and Pily Wong, board member of the American Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia, were among the VIPs who graced the occasion.

Voltra Motors is the brainchild of Yann Vaudin, a French engineer who has been residing in Cambodia for the last six years. Mr Vaudin also owns and operates the Siem Reap-based Green e-Bike, which in 2014 became the first ever electric bike rental business in Cambodia.
Full article: https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50669771/f ... al-launch/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

May 11, 2022
Voltra mulls carbon-free factory for electric motorcycles in Cambodia
Voltra Motors, Forte Insurance Group sign memorandum of understanding to provide electric vehicle insurance in the Kingdom

Voltra Motors, the manufacturer of the first Cambodia-made electric motorbike, has plans to open the first carbon-free factory to manufacture its electric motorcycles in the Kingdom, said the company’s CEO Vaudin Yann.

He was speaking at the signing ceremony of the Memorandum of Understanding between Voltra Motors and Forte Insurance Group yesterday.

“In June 2023, Voltra is planning to launch the first carbon-free factory to manufacture our electric motorcycles in Cambodia, a first in the automotive industry and with the help of the Institute of Technology of Cambodia. By this announcement, Voltra wants to show that we are now a major player in electric vehicles in South East Asia and show the neighbouring countries that Cambodia can also produce technology with international standards.”

He said the company would produce all body parts of electric motorcycles in the country from September this year.

The MoU was signed by Youk Chamroeunrith, CEO, Forte Insurance Group, and Yann at the Forte head office in the capital.

While talking about the MoU, Yann said, “Most users of motorcycles or cars are reluctant to buy electric vehicles because there is no insurance in the event of a claim or malfunction. Over the past few months, Voltra and Forte have been working hard to set up the first electric vehicle insurance in the Kingdom of Cambodia. We offer one-year liability insurance for each LEV purchased.”
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501073060/ ... -cambodia/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Electric off-road motorcycles offer green choice for bikers

Xinhua – The days of loud motorcycles leaving trails of fumes in their wake are coming to an end, thanks to innovative and eco-friendly alternatives to oil-guzzling engines. This is now also true for off-road motorcycles under the Chinese electric motorcycle brand name, SUR-RON.

SUR-RON’s manufacturer, Chongqing Qiulong Technology Co., Ltd, is located in Dadukou District, southwest China’s Chongqing Municipality. Chongqing is a major production base for oil-powered motorcycles and automobiles in China.

There was no electric off-road motorcycle in China before the company made its first foray into the niche market, said Feng Xingwei, executive deputy general manager of Chongqing Qiulong Technology Co., Ltd. Common electric motorcycles cannot travel cross-country as off-road motorcycles can.
“We want to develop electric off-road motorcycles that can run agilely, quietly and conveniently,” Feng said.

As China has announced ambitious targets of peaking carbon dioxide emissions before 2030 and achieving carbon neutrality before 2060, the company is riding high on the country’s green transition.

China, the world’s largest carbon emitter, has become the largest user of renewable energy over the years, with its carbon intensity slashed significantly. Chongqing, as a former industrial base for heavy industries and oil-fueled motorcycles, can provide the company with production advantages and an abundant talent pool.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501076136/ ... or-bikers/
Always "hope" but never "expect".
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

And out of all the two stroke cycles dirt bikes always seem to be the loudest!
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

I've never tried an e-bike myself, but I'm curious. Are there any bike rental shops (preferably in Siem Reap) where you can rent e-bikes?
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Alex wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:15 am I've never tried an e-bike myself, but I'm curious. Are there any bike rental shops (preferably in Siem Reap) where you can rent e-bikes?
E-Bike

https://www.ebikecambodia.com/

Recently I have considered investing in a e-scooter, but I have been hesitant due to the usual none descript road traffic laws, although the Chinese e-scooters (sit on type) seem to be rampant in their sales mainly to the school kids and OAP's.
But I was recently reading an article that these types of vehicles had to be slowed to an adult's walking pace in the city.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

techietraveller84 wrote:And out of all the two stroke cycles dirt bikes always seem to be the loudest!
Performance bikes are usually loud... Two strokes are actually quieter than four strokes in many ways. Higher frequency, but the sound doesn't travel as much.

I like the idea of electric dirt bikes, but we're still very far away from anything useful for a place like Cambodia. A few good ones for tracks now exist though.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Another consideration -

Batteries versus e-fuels: Which is better?

As battery-fuelled electric vehicles get cheaper and 'climate-neutral' e-fuels ready to hit the market, which is the best solution for small and commercial vehicles?

Beyond the Tesla electric vehicle (EV) hype, battery-powered cars are finally starting to dominate a market long ruled by the combustion engine.

In Norway, for example, 84% of new car sales in January 2022 were EVs.

Compared to high carbon petrol vehicles, zero emission cars make less noise, accelerate much faster and don't spew out CO2 as they drive. The expansion of charging infrastructure in many countries has added to the allure of EVs.

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/news/other/ba ... f3400e4c7d
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic