US Pedophile GEORGE THEROS Bought 9-Year-Old Girl in Thailand To Take Home

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: US Pedophile GEORGE THEROS Bought 9-Year-Old Girl in Thailand To Take Home

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Jack mehoff wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:49 pm
Bedazzler! wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:42 pm
pczz wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:17 am
And whatever is done to the pedo, someone needs to track down the person who sold the girl to him and do the same.
That’s harsh the parents just let him raise her because he had money and could pay to educate her. They had no reason to think he would sexually abuse her.

He’s a monster, they just trusted the wrong man.
It would take a really naive and ignorant set of parents to sell their children and not have the thought cross their mind that his intentions are impure. The odds are extremely low that they will not be assaulted and they had to know that. It's all about the money or scumbag parents that don't care about the kids anymore than an animal. Name a Western Country that would allow a well to do single man adopt a young girl that isn't family. It doesn't happen for a reason. Unfortunately, due to financial reasons the sale of children occurs way more often then we would think.
It would take a really naive and ignorant set of parents to send their kids to a Catholic school.
When everybody has known for centuries that a significant proportion of priests are pedophiles.
There are lots of naive and really ignorant sets of parents all over the world.
And it's not just because of finances.
Jack mehoff
Expatriate

Post by Jack mehoff »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:23 am
Bedazzler! wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:42 pm
pczz wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:17 am
And whatever is done to the pedo, someone needs to track down the person who sold the girl to him and do the same.
That’s harsh the parents just let him raise her because he had money and could pay to educate her. They had no reason to think he would sexually abuse her.

He’s a monster, they just trusted the wrong man.
It would take a really naive and ignorant set of parents to sell their children and not have the thought cross their mind that his intentions are impure. The odds are extremely low that they will not be assaulted and they had to know that. It's all about the money or scumbag parents that don't care about the kids anymore than an animal. Name a Western Country that would allow a well to do single man adopt a young girl that isn't family. It doesn't happen for a reason. Unfortunately, due to financial reasons the sale of children occurs way more often then we would think.
It would take a really naive and ignorant set of parents to send their kids to a Catholic school.
When everybody has known for centuries that a significant proportion of priests are pedophiles.
Haha, thats funny. I guess you should stay out of Catholic hospitals too! I am disgusted by the way the Church has handled the while pedophile issue. There has been research that shows the percentage of pedophile priest is on par with demographic norms but, the cover up leads to higher abuse numbers Not fond of some Muslims having dancing boys and think a Rabbi's mouth touching a freshly circumcised penis is weird. What's your point? All segments of the population has pedophiles. Doesn't make it ok. All segments have people that traffic kids. Doesn't make it ok.
I know that the percentage of pedophiles is way higher for single males that buy kids.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

You can learn a lot about Cambodian culture and the way Cambodians think from spending time with ordinary Cambodians.

In Cambodia you can also meet children who have been given away or sold, mothers who have given away or sold children, and people who have bought children, or taken children who were being given away. Some of the children are still young and some are adults now. But then it depends on who you spend time with. For example, one was a homeless mother sleeping on the street in Phnom Penh with five children. I doubt any other foreigner spoke to her. I have one friend who was given away by her birth mother, and sold by a later mother. If you listen to the stories of these people, you can get their perspective.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Jack mehoff wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:50 am
Haha, thats funny.
There has been research that shows the percentage of pedophile priest is on par with demographic norms
"Haha, thats funny"" ???
Maybe to you. Expert. (or just naive and ignorant?)
Your "research" is part of the lie - according to the Australian The Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse

"Extraordinary figures released by the Sex Abuse Royal Commission on Monday show 7 percent of all Catholic priests were alleged perpetrators of child sex abuse, and the average age of victims was pre-teen....
40.4 percent -- St John of God Brothers
22.0 percent -- Christian Brothers
21.9 percent -- Salesians of Don Bosco
20.4 percent -- Marist Brothers
13.8 percent -- De La Salle Brothers
12.4 percent --Patrician Brothers

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2017/ ... _21707512/

(sorry Jack, if i sound angry here, it is not at you personally - it is with some of your arguments)
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

People make guesses about things they dont know
Citation is customary when claiming results of studies, Expert.
Jack mehoff
Expatriate

Post by Jack mehoff »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:14 am
Jack mehoff wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:50 am
Haha, thats funny.
There has been research that shows the percentage of pedophile priest is on par with demographic norms
"Haha, thats funny"" ???
Maybe to you. Expert. (or just naive and ignorant?)
Your "research" is part of the lie - according to the Australian The Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse

"Extraordinary figures released by the Sex Abuse Royal Commission on Monday show 7 percent of all Catholic priests were alleged perpetrators of child sex abuse, and the average age of victims was pre-teen....
40.4 percent -- St John of God Brothers
22.0 percent -- Christian Brothers
21.9 percent -- Salesians of Don Bosco
20.4 percent -- Marist Brothers
13.8 percent -- De La Salle Brothers
12.4 percent --Patrician Brothers

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2017/ ... _21707512/

(sorry Jack, if i sound angry here, it is not at you personally - it is with some of your arguments)
Nice tape and past on the post. Obviously, nothing is funny about the Church cover up. I'm not upset and agree with all outrage regarding it. I don't attend any types of religious activities and haven't for my whole adult life. Reports on the percentage of pedophiles in the church are all over the place. Some will say it has to be done with the same demo to make it fair and that would take 50% of the local demographic out of the equation before looking at the numbers. At the end of the day, 1 is too many.
As far as the exact study, it was cited in a book I read about 2 months ago and don't have access at the moment. I'll refrain from such statements without being able to cite the study at the time of post.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

^^
You are still downplaying Jack.
So now i stop listening.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Why do you only post during Western Australia waking hours Explorer?

You say you are in Cambodia yet so many of your posts are made between Midnight and Dawn local time.

Is that what you do "in the village with ordinary cambodians" that you constantly claim to have such unique understanding of?

Stay awake all night posting from the village?

I don't buy it.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

There are some parents hopelessly addicted to drink and gambling and sell their girls to that auntie in the village. The one that packs them up and ships them off to work in the chicken farm in the big city.

Most loving parents would never sell their kids in normal circumstances.

But these aren’t loving parents in normal circumstances.

As for the starving poor - the rich Khmer, the rich foreigner - both take advantage of them equally.

But only stones are cast at the foreigner.

Khmer always get a pass.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

frank lee bent wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:50 am Why do you only post during Western Australia waking hours Explorer?

You say you are in Cambodia yet so many of your posts are made between Midnight and Dawn local time.

Is that what you do "in the village with ordinary cambodians" that you constantly claim to have such unique understanding of?

Stay awake all night posting from the village?

I don't buy it.
The difference between Western Australian time and Cambodian time is one hour, so it makes little difference. You may or may not have noticed, in the past people have made guesses about me, all of which were wrong, and I didnt even respond. I have only responded to you as you may be at least partly genuine.

There are certain things that should make it obvious to thinking people. Like my contribution in Khmer language discussions. People who speak the language have normally spent a significant amount of time in the country.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic