US Pedophile GEORGE THEROS Bought 9-Year-Old Girl in Thailand To Take Home

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
splash out
Tourist

Re: US Pedophile GEORGE THEROS Bought 9-Year-Old Girl in Thailand To Take Home

Post by splash out »

xandreu wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:58 pm
Jack mehoff wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:49 pm
Bedazzler! wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:42 pm
pczz wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:17 am
And whatever is done to the pedo, someone needs to track down the person who sold the girl to him and do the same.
That’s harsh the parents just let him raise her because he had money and could pay to educate her. They had no reason to think he would sexually abuse her.

He’s a monster, they just trusted the wrong man.
It would take a really naive and ignorant set of parents to sell their children and not have the thought cross their mind that his intentions are impure. The odds are extremely low that they will not be assaulted and they had to know that. It's all about the money or scumbag parents that don't care about the kids anymore than an animal. Name a Western Country that would allow a well to do single man adopt a young girl that isn't family. It doesn't happen for a reason. Unfortunately, due to financial reasons the sale of children occurs way more often then we would think.
I totally agree, and I know what I'm about to say will sound like I'm justifying the parents decisions, but I can assure you I'm not. However, things aren't quite as black and white as you're making out.

Of course these parents know full well what they're selling their kids for, but until you've lived your life on a few dollars a day, living in slum and squalid conditions, sleeping under bridges and surrounded by filth, having to scrape some kind of living together by sifting through that filth in order that you might find a bag full of empty plastic bottles to sell for 2000 riel so that you can buy extremely poor quality and contaminated food to feed yourself and your family, try not to judge too harshly.

The people ultimately responsible for these sick crimes are the evil c***ts who come here to exploit those very people. It's easy to judge when you've never experienced the extreme harsh realities of life that you've never had to experience, but these parents have, and do. On a daily basis. Imagine if this was your life, and suddenly some fat, sweaty westerner with a wallet full of dollars turned up and offered you more money than you've ever dreamed of for one of your kids. Us westerners would instinctively say not over my dead body, but, and again, I'm not saying it's justified, it's at least understandable why some parents would agree.

It's not the parents who deserve the hatred and criticism. The people committing the real crime here are the ones who come to exploit not only the children, but the families who are already living in misery, hopelessness and despair. It's why child sex tourism / trafficking, in my eyes, is especially repugnant in countries such as Cambodia.
I fully understand why but, they knew why he wanted them. They obviously had to be in a bad place to do it.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

explorer wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:53 pm Go and spend time in Cambodian villages, get to know the people, then come back and tell us the truth.
A lot of information on this forum is foreigners guessing about Cambodian culture, and how Cambodians think. If you actually go and spend a lot of time with Cambodian people, you can start to understand them.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Jack mehoff
Expatriate

Post by Jack mehoff »

explorer wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:53 pm
Jack mehoff wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:49 pm It would take a really naive and ignorant set of parents to sell their children and not have the thought cross their mind that his intentions are impure. The odds are extremely low that they will not be assaulted and they had to know that. It's all about the money or scumbag parents that don't care about the kids anymore than an animal.
Go and spend time in Cambodian villages, get to know the people, then come back and tell us the truth.
Your trips to the village make you an expert? Get out of here with that crap. I've spent time in villages in Cambodia as well as numerous other SEA Countries. I've also been to impoverished villages on 2 other Continents. Worked my 1st refugee camp as a 19 year old Marine on a Humanitarian Mission. I've seen the difference on how poor parents raise their kids from both extremes (great-horrible). Through out the world, selling your kids is not the norm.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

When was the last time you were in Cambodia Explorer?
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

frank lee bent wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:39 am When was the last time you were in Cambodia Explorer?
now
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Funny, I thought you were in Western Australia all this time.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Jack mehoff wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:38 am
Jack mehoff wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:49 pm It would take a really naive and ignorant set of parents to sell their children and not have the thought cross their mind that his intentions are impure. The odds are extremely low that they will not be assaulted and they had to know that. It's all about the money or scumbag parents that don't care about the kids anymore than an animal.
Go and spend time in Cambodian villages, get to know the people, then come back and tell us the truth.
Your trips to the village make you an expert? Get out of here with that crap. I've spent time in villages in Cambodia as well as numerous other SEA Countries. I've also been to impoverished villages on 2 other Continents. Worked my 1st refugee camp as a 19 year old Marine on a Humanitarian Mission. I've seen the difference on how poor parents raise their kids from both extremes (great-horrible). Through out the world, selling your kids is not the norm.
You are not limiting you discussion to what they do, but you are judging their attitude and motives and how they think. For example:
Jack mehoff wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:49 pm It's all about the money or scumbag parents that don't care about the kids anymore than an animal.
Do you really believe that?
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

frank lee bent wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:47 am Funny, I thought you were in Western Australia all this time.
People make guesses about things they dont know. I am being light hearted.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

People assume many things about others.
Jack mehoff
Expatriate

Post by Jack mehoff »

explorer wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:53 am
Jack mehoff wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:38 am
You are not limiting you discussion to what they do, but you are judging their attitude and motives and how they think. For example:
Jack mehoff wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:49 pm It's all about the money or scumbag parents that don't care about the kids anymore than an animal.
Do you really believe that?
First, I'm talking about these parents, NOT ALL. Yes I do believe that. I've seen people in villages rally around and help each other ( this happens constantly). I've also seen some who care more about farm animals then a child. That animal helps put food on the table, kids don't and unfortunately thats how it is seen. This is not a Cambodia issue and that's not what I'm implying. It's a developing world issue. These types that sell their kids to pedos are no different than the ones that facilitate abuse to kids in Western Countries. Poverty doesn't give you a pass for mistreatment. When you show me the law that allows the facilitating of human trafficking for people living in extreme poverty, I'll reconsider my position on parents that knowingly do it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic