Kampong Cham

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
jrjrjr
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Kampong Cham

Post by jrjrjr »

The list hasn't changed since years it seems ?! Nothing new over there ?
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants ... vince.html
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Duncan wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:46 am have you also noticed they do it with a dirty rag that has cleaned 100 other tables and food off the floor. ... You cannot use something that is dirty to make something clean.
It is amazing how they can use rags which are totally filthy to clean things. They dont understand you can wash rags occasionally, and use them clean.

I spent a little time in a little school in a village where they do extra studies. Sometimes a teacher would bring her baby in the classroom (it was very casual, and that is OK). One day the baby wet her pants, and it went on the floor. They have a rag which they use for cleaning the whiteboards. They used the same rag for wiping up what the baby did on the floor. It then went back and was used for cleaning whiteboards again.

I have seen worse than that, but I probably shouldn't say. Many foreigners don't spend time in the villages, don't understand what really goes on, and accuse me of portraying an excessively negative view.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

explorer wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:42 am Many foreigners don't spend time in the villages, don't understand what really goes on, and accuse me of portraying an excessively negative view.
Many of us have actually spent time in villages. There's a good reason why most of us wouldn't want to live in them, because we do understand that they are muddy and in general quite awful. You do constantly portray an excessively negative view of Cambodians, and don't seem to understand that not everyone in Cambodia is an ignorant hayseed. :please:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

jrjrjr wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:23 am The list hasn't changed since years it seems ?! Nothing new over there ?
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants ... vince.html
That list is far removed from the reality of the situation. That website's readership lacks the general adventure of CEO's posters. Just this morning I saw two Korean restaurants, a small bar and restaurant specializing in rural French cuisine and a new pizzeria. And those new additions are in no way exhaustive.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
hiway5
Expatriate
Spain

Post by hiway5 »

frank lee bent wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:13 pm I am tired of working and slaving. I just want to flop around in a hammock and smoke weed. Might run a still if young brother comes and collects firewood.
Get a feed mill and have a lot of chickens. Steal coconuts off the beach and eat crab. Not very populated down there.
Just find a point where the wind keeps the skeeters and sandflies away and take it easy.
Koh Kong town lacks a good bakery. Something with a range not just one thing. Other towns have them and get plenty of business
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic