Streets 51 and 172 looking worse than ever?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Streets 51 and 172 looking worse than ever?

Post by PIEMAN »

:stir: if you want to live in a nanny state return home.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

PIEMAN wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:52 am :stir: if you want to live in a nanny state return home.
Donald "Pieman" Trump -> Return Home! Speaking as though this is your country.
But this is our home. CEO has been a bit edgey lately. Need a hug?
brisie
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by brisie »

fax wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:18 am I feel like you need to go off the rails a lot before you risk upsetting crack whores to the extent that they want to shank you with a dirty needle
I took a rental and returned her back the next day only to find her the following night in my room. The lobby where kind enough to give her my room key without me there or taking her ID card so you could imagine my surprise when I returned back at 3 AM and they didn't have my key.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

brisie wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:29 pm
fax wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:18 am I feel like you need to go off the rails a lot before you risk upsetting crack whores to the extent that they want to shank you with a dirty needle
I took a rental and returned her back the next day only to find her the following night in my room. The lobby where kind enough to give her my room key without me there or taking her ID card so you could imagine my surprise when I returned back at 3 AM and they didn't have my key.
I'm guessing you weren't staying in a particularly high end establishment.... :beer3:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

brisie wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:29 pm
:popcorn: And ?
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

Gator
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Gator »

"The whole country needs a paint job, but that's part of it's charm."
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Yes at night the city streets are full of the days rubbish, but I see many times the garbage truck on its rounds doing their job of cleaning the streets of rubbish, I take my hat off to those guys, its not a job I would wish to do. The smell is rank of the piles laying around on the so called footpaths, too so are the sewers, the stench is overpowering from the drainage covers. I actually went to 172 street to have a meal and drink last night, with restaurant's open late hours. I live over at Chbar Ampov that is relatively very clean in comparison too where the OP refers too, but there are not too many places to eat or drink after 10pm and the area is understandably Khmer. On the way home I thought I would have a look what was going on over at Koh Pich, I have never been there before, and I was quite surprised. But no rubbish there. :hattip:

Always "hope" but never "expect".
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

Cintri nowadays does more harm than good. The workers scoop up some garbage, but a lot of trash is being dispersed, because they use some kind of 'forks'. And indeed, the lower layer of trash is never cleaned.

I wonder why no-one working in the municipality of Phnom Penh ever questioned this practice.
Oh wait, I suppose I'm asking too much of the 'competent local authorities'.

Still, I think Cintri should be named and shamed for their dismal handling of garbage collection.

I've been thinking of setting up a website with daily pictures of how bad Cintri is 'cleaning' Phnom Penh. But of course I'd need quite a few contributors, as I cannot check every possible garbage location myself.
And then of course: would it change anything? Probably not, but maybe just to expose how dirty Phnom Penh really is?
Jack mehoff
Expatriate

Post by Jack mehoff »

Not having trash picked up in an area in order to buy property cheaper would work. Just let it pile up and hurt businesses and frustrate residents until nobody wants to be there. Then come in and buy it up cheaper..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic