Facebook

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Facebook

Post by explorer »

If you go and spend time in a Cambodian village, you realize many people spend a lot of time not doing anything. That is, they just lie in a hammock, or lie on a bed. If you are in that situation as a foreigner, it is extremely boring. Many Cambodian men also spend a lot of time drinking beer.

Children grow up in this environment. When they are young, they often go and play with their friends. As they get older they learn, when they come home from school they spend a lot of time not doing anything. Children in this situation, who spend many hours without mental activity, often have difficulty learning at school, and may leave school while they are young.

Some families have a business, for example a shop. When girls come home from school, they work in the shop (it is mostly girls, rarely boys). Girls who work in a shop, get in the habit of keeping their brain active, and normally do better in school than those who spend a lot of time not doing anything.

When young people get a suitable phone, they like to open a Facebook account. Then when other family members are lying around, not doing anything, they go on Facebook. They post things, and read what their friends have posted.

While Facebook is not very mentally stimulating, it has some benefit in providing mental activity for Cambodian young people whose families spend a lot of time not doing anything.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Facebook

Post by fax »

Noted with thank
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Of course, if you have a lot of Cambodian friends, it becomes unrealistic to photograph a large number of people. So you just open a Facebook account, and they photograph themselves. So you can have photographs of your friends. Occasionally there might be some news about what they are doing. They also use Facebook for the same purpose.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Boys can chase girls without sweating it.
And eventually make a buck selling something without sweating it.

Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

explorer wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:24 am If you go and spend time in a Cambodian village, you realize many people spend a lot of time not doing anything. That is, they just lie in a hammock, or lie on a bed. If you are in that situation as a foreigner, it is extremely boring. Many Cambodian men also spend a lot of time drinking beer.

Children grow up in this environment. When they are young, they often go and play with their friends. As they get older they learn, when they come home from school they spend a lot of time not doing anything. Children in this situation, who spend many hours without mental activity, often have difficulty learning at school, and may leave school while they are young.

Some families have a business, for example a shop. When girls come home from school, they work in the shop (it is mostly girls, rarely boys). Girls who work in a shop, get in the habit of keeping their brain active, and normally do better in school than those who spend a lot of time not doing anything.

When young people get a suitable phone, they like to open a Facebook account. Then when other family members are lying around, not doing anything, they go on Facebook. They post things, and read what their friends have posted.

While Facebook is not very mentally stimulating, it has some benefit in providing mental activity for Cambodian young people whose families spend a lot of time not doing anything.
Looks like Facebook and CEO forum are same same.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

My IQ has gone down since joining CEO. However, a couple of weeks ago I bought my first 'smart' phone and registered on Facebook... now, I'm officially retarded.
You could be next.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

I used to have a father in law growing tulips. Well, not the flowers, just the bulbs.

If you would visit him in late autumn, or winter, or even early spring, you would see very little activity from him. He would just hang around - too bad it used to bee too cold for a hammock. The small bulbs had been planted and they were just sitting out winter to wait for the new flowers.

But, in April everything would come life and they would work 18 hours a day, every day, until the new bulbs were planted mid October.

The only difference would be they did not have Fakebook at that time.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Cruisemonkey wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:04 am My IQ has gone down since joining CEO.
Aw shucks,

I can only assume you didn't come across these brain challenging topics then :wink: :stir:

post299750.html?hilit=stylish#p299750

post309872.html?hilit=change%20her%20race#p309872
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic