ANZ Royal Bank change to J Trust Royal Bank

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
curiosity
Expatriate
Netherlands

ANZ Royal Bank change to J Trust Royal Bank

Post by curiosity »

hi folks,

any ideas of what happens when your bank turns into another bank? Have you experienced this during your time in Cambodia?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: ANZ Royal Bank change to J Trust Royal Bank

Post by Anchor Moy »

curiosity wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:47 pm hi folks,

any ideas of what happens when your bank turns into another bank? Have you experienced this during your time in Cambodia?
There is a JTrust/ANZ thread on the business forum : business-and-finance/japanese-jtrust-pl ... 28357.html
For the ANZ Royal Accounts, there will be no change to your account number, which will remain the same after the transition to J Trust Royal Bank and ANZ Royal issued cheque books will be replaced in due course, but will remain valid for 12 months following the transition. You can also continue to use your ANZ Royal issued passbook.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:02 pm
curiosity wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:47 pm hi folks,

There is a JTrust/ANZ thread on the business forum : business-and-finance/japanese-jtrust-pl ... 28357.html
For the ANZ Royal Accounts, there will be no change to your account number, which will remain the same after the transition to J Trust Royal Bank and ANZ Royal issued cheque books will be replaced in due course, but will remain valid for 12 months following the transition. You can also continue to use your ANZ Royal issued passbook.
Well, there may be no change to account numbers, cheque books and ANZ Royal issued passbooks, but their Online Banking is a total mess.
Been trying to transfer money for the past week, but at first the site was 'under maintenance'. Now the new JTrust website is online, but Online Banking hasn't been available until today - But you can't use it!
Your previous Online Banking credentials won't work.
After several emails to their Call Center it seems that all Online Banking customers will need to re-register to gain access. Re-registering will require the sending of an sms to the phone number that they know about. If you are out of the country and don't have access to that phone number, like I am, then it's stiff bickies for you.

Total pain in the A$$.

Customer Service? What's that?
chiltern
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by chiltern »

The same has happened to me can't pay my rent which l do via a internal transfer and there is no idea when the sitution will be resolved. Fortunatly I have a pre paid currency card which l have left with a friend, but I transferd 3K last week to my account before l realised that their swift code has changed to TCABKHPP.
chiltern
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by chiltern »

in order to register your account for online banking you need to enter the phone number registered with the bank to receive a SMS code, until two days ago it would not accept an international number but now that has been resolved. You now need to enter your customer ID and date of birth however your ID has changed and the only way to find your new ID is to call the help line. If you are successful entering these details it will now generate a new username and ask you to enter a new password and thats where I am stuck as it will not accept any password I submit, customer services can only contact the IT team during office hours which means hanging on the phone for hours if you are calling from outside the country.

I now know the money I sent is in my account but still can't access any of it.

Will be changing bank when I return in October, any suggestions of which is the best?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

chiltern wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:09 am
Will be changing bank when I return in October, any suggestions of which is the best?
I use ABA.
Here's a Cambodian bank discussion thread that's not too old, might give you a clue to what you want - business-and-finance/canadia-aba-t18815.html
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

chiltern wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:09 am in order to register your account for online banking you need to enter the phone number registered with the bank to receive a SMS code, until two days ago it would not accept an international number but now that has been resolved. You now need to enter your customer ID and date of birth however your ID has changed and the only way to find your new ID is to call the help line. If you are successful entering these details it will now generate a new username and ask you to enter a new password and thats where I am stuck as it will not accept any password I submit, customer services can only contact the IT team during office hours which means hanging on the phone for hours if you are calling from outside the country.

I have given up on trying to get online banking working again. But, now I have a new problem - my Visa Debit Card is being rejected at Visa ATMs and also when trying to make a purchase.

I emailed their customer care and told them about the problem. I also told them that I am currently in Oz so I cannot call their customer service number. They replied saying to send them my number here and that they would call me. I sent them my Oz number, and surprise, surprise, they actually called me back!
They confirmed that my money is still safely in my account, and said that my Visa card is not blocked and should be working. Today I am to go and try at a couple more ATMs and report back to them. (I am not expecting a positive outcome).
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:58 am
I use ABA.
Here's a Cambodian bank discussion thread that's not too old, might give you a clue to what you want - business-and-finance/canadia-aba-t18815.html
I use ACLEDA. Tried ABA but got tired of the endless queues and stroppy staff. I also got quite a few dodgy notes from ABA atm with writing on and even torn corners so I went back to ACLEDA. Just to prove i am anally retentive i times myself over a few months. Average wait for counter service at ABA 40 minutes, ACLEDA 15. ABA phone app is more modern and user friendly but the acleda one does what it needs to once you work it out, and they give you a handbook and code generator. Alao i twice wired money to uk on a friday morning and it was in my uk bank by saturday afternoon. Sending money the other way usually takes 3 days!
AUDD
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by AUDD »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:44 am
chiltern wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:09 am in order to register your account for online banking you need to enter the phone number registered with the bank to receive a SMS code, until two days ago it would not accept an international number but now that has been resolved. You now need to enter your customer ID and date of birth however your ID has changed and the only way to find your new ID is to call the help line. If you are successful entering these details it will now generate a new username and ask you to enter a new password and thats where I am stuck as it will not accept any password I submit, customer services can only contact the IT team during office hours which means hanging on the phone for hours if you are calling from outside the country.

I have given up on trying to get online banking working again. But, now I have a new problem - my Visa Debit Card is being rejected at Visa ATMs and also when trying to make a purchase.

I emailed their customer care and told them about the problem. I also told them that I am currently in Oz so I cannot call their customer service number. They replied saying to send them my number here and that they would call me. I sent them my Oz number, and surprise, surprise, they actually called me back!
They confirmed that my money is still safely in my account, and said that my Visa card is not blocked and should be working. Today I am to go and try at a couple more ATMs and report back to them. (I am not expecting a positive outcome).
Still cant get money out of JTRUST atm with my ANZ Visa Debit card too.

Although it is an Australian ANZ card. At least this time it says their is a cash dispenser error instead of been declined like last week. Still couldn't get my money and they said in branch to contact my bank in Aust. to get a refund...... only tried 1 atm incase.

Also existing ANZ cards could be used free for 1 year at JTRUST since the change over, but not foreign ANZ cards. They now charge $5 withdraw.
Now have to spend at least $520 on f''ken atm fees a year........ :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Which atm's have the lowest withdraw fees for Foreign cards here? or which banks can you take out more than $400 at a time from an atm?
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

pczz wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:18 am
Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:58 am
I use ABA.
I use ACLEDA. Tried ABA but got tired of the endless queues and stroppy staff. I also got quite a few dodgy notes from ABA atm with writing on and even torn corners so I went back to ACLEDA. Just to prove i am anally retentive i times myself over a few months. Average wait for counter service at ABA 40 minutes, ACLEDA 15. ABA phone app is more modern and user friendly but the acleda one does what it needs to once you work it out, and they give you a handbook and code generator. Alao i twice wired money to uk on a friday morning and it was in my uk bank by saturday afternoon. Sending money the other way usually takes 3 days!
Why do you need counter services? Practically everything what I can imagine can be done within the ABA app/website nowdays.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic