Chinese Arrested for Robbing Tuktuk Driver

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Chinese Arrested for Robbing Tuktuk Driver

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Tbong Khmum, Cambodia News: Two Chinese male nationals aged 18 and 19 were taken into custody on 10 August 2019, for a crime committed on 8 August. The two men, who have been identified as Liu Xing and Liu Chun Song, hired a tuktuk driver to transport a motorbike from Phnom Penh to Tbong Khmum for $105. But the Chinese men pulled a knife on the tuktuk driver and stole his phone and his wallet.
After the tuktuk driver went to the police, they contacted the authorities in Tbong Khmum with descriptions of the two men and a warrant for their arrest. They were detained two days later and are being held for questioning.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Re: Chinese Arrested for Robbing Tuktuk Driver

Post by SINUS »

dear moderator!
need to be silent or can I say something? :)
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

SINUS wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:19 pm dear moderator!
need to be silent or can I say something? :)
C'mon say something, we are all waiting in anticipation :popcorn:
SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Post by SINUS »

DaveG wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:43 pm
I can’t talk, they will ban me. :)
paul.smith
Expatriate
Falkland Islands

Post by paul.smith »

It is really hard to feel sorry for the Tuk Tuk driver they having been robbing and mugging people in reports ever since I washed up on these shores 9 years ago. I guess it is a Karma thing. What comes around goes around. In this case it also has the benefit of Chinese being prosecuted I am just amazed they caught them.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

SINUS wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:34 pm
DaveG wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:43 pm
I can’t talk, they will ban me. :)
Who will ban you ? This is not a Russia or China forum. If you have something to say that might be a "difficult" subject for censorship, then start a thread on the darknet. But FFS don't leave us in anticipation. :popcorn:
C'mon Sinus. ;)
SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Post by SINUS »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:45 pm
Who will ban you ? This is not a Russia or China forum. If you have something to say that might be a "difficult" subject for censorship, then start a thread on the darknet. But FFS don't leave us in anticipation. :popcorn:
C'mon Sinus. ;)
I wanted to say that the Chinese behave extremely impudently and that their number has long passed a critical value, which excludes the possibility of normal communication with these bad people.
I am .... politely ...
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

What's even more worrying: those Chinese are now also already invading .... Tbong Khmum?
Well, then I'm afraid there's no way of escaping them anymore, anywhere in Cambodia.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

How desperate must those Chinese be to rob a tuk tuk driver? And they have to divide it between the 2 low lifes. 2 young Chinese boys in Prey Sar will be very popular. Bring the lube.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

paul.smith wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:44 pm It is really hard to feel sorry for the Tuk Tuk driver they having been robbing and mugging people in reports ever since I washed up on these shores 9 years ago. I guess it is a Karma thing. What comes around goes around. In this case it also has the benefit of Chinese being prosecuted I am just amazed they caught them.
Your robbers and muggers are my salt-of-the- earth, soul-of-Cambodia, tuk tuk drivers.
Consequently I have wonderful friends, allies and assistants all over Cambodia.
Even if I don't know them, because of my attitude we are usually friends in 5 seconds flat.
Maybe it is a Karma thing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic