You’re invited.....

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

You’re invited.....

Post by rozzieoz »

Monday September 23 from 8pm.

Come and say goodbye (I’m moving to SR), enjoy some free drinks (open bar for a couple of hours) and pizza provided by Olive & Olive.

First up will be the “Roz and Friends” set, I’ll be singing with some of my musical mates including Scoddy, Marianna, Ariane, Greg Bashers, Mirasol and Ernie Buck. It’s going to be a really fun show!

The fabulous Cambodia Country Band will be on stage for two sets from 10.30.

Please join me in what’s promising to be an excellent event.

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: You’re invited.....

Post by newkidontheblock »

Good luck to you. I hope you success in SR. I will be attending some kind of blessing event in the province in November. Let us know where you are.

Got carted off to Darlin Darlin in Nagaworld on Thursday. Smaller than I imagined from following CEO. Music got better when the Filipino singers started belting out rock and roll instead of Khmer, Korean, and Japanese tunes.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:54 pm Monday September 23 from 8pm.

Come and say goodbye (I’m moving to SR), enjoy some free drinks (open bar for a couple of hours) and pizza provided by Olive & Olive.

First up will be the “Roz and Friends” set, I’ll be singing with some of my musical mates including Scoddy, Marianna, Ariane, Greg Bashers, Mirasol and Ernie Buck. It’s going to be a really fun show!

The fabulous Cambodia Country Band will be on stage for two sets from 10.30.

Please join me in what’s promising to be an excellent event.
join you at what venue??
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Oh!
Oscar’s on the Corner - Street 104.
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Post by The Seawolf »

Hate live music in a bar. Once it starts it’s always my cue to leave. It’s always way too loud and invariably really badly eq’d.
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:31 am

Got carted off to Darlin Darlin in Nagaworld on Thursday. Smaller than I imagined from following CEO. Music got better when the Filipino singers started belting out rock and roll instead of Khmer, Korean, and Japanese tunes.
Good choice Darlin Darlin is the best freelancer bar in PP these days. Lots of high class ladies on the game there, better than Pontoon ever had.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

The Seawolf wrote:Hate live music in a bar. Once it starts it’s always my cue to leave. It’s always way too loud and invariably really badly eq’d.
Oh well. Sorry you can’t make it.
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Post by The Seawolf »

Well hope it goes well. I am of the opinion if I am going to a concert I am going to a concert. I want the full on sweaty experience. Not to a bar which suddenly gets drowned out by live music that a lot of people aren't listening to. I also hate bars playing thumpy house music and techno so loud you cant even talk. Again, if I want to do that - and I used to go to raves most weekends from about 1988 to 1994 - I will go to some pitch black nightclub with a strobe light.

Maybe I am just an old git. I dunno.

There is a restaurant near me on a lake that serves great prawns. But they have a live band every night so I have only been once. Meal ruined. Who wants to eat with someone warbling cover version being banged out (butchered) all of 20 feet away?

Madness.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

You’re invited.....

Post by rozzieoz »

Oscar’s is a live music venue. People go there specifically for the live music. They don’t play techno or house.

Don’t knock it until you’ve experienced it, you’re welcome to come to my party. :)
Last edited by rozzieoz on Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

You’re invited.....

Post by rozzieoz »

Edited
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic