Advice on newborn in Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Re: Advice on newborn in Cambodia

Post by Joker Poker »

Patcan wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:39 pm National Pediartric Hospital off Russian Blvd. , near Royal University of Phmom Penh....5,000 riel for appointment/shots book and 10,000 riel for each shot.
10,000 riel to see a doc. fast-tracked for 40,000 riel.....Not a long wait for the shots.....Don't get ripped off by the private polyclinics that charge $100 (place where my kid was born charges this) abd up for a $2.50 needle... They do give an examination for that extra fee but up to you if you want it or need it.
If you do go to National Pediatric Hospital (or anywhere else in Cambodia), be sure that you get legible documentation of what has been given to your infant, or you may well end up having a real struggle later, trying to figure out what they've actually done.

In our case, our son's documentation appeared to have French and Khmer on it, and we needed to find out what he had received so that he could get anything missed back in Australia. I emailed the paperwork to a clinic in PP and the staff couldn't decipher it, rang the National Pediatric - no can help. Hopeless.

First clinic we went to in Oz wouldn't help, second one were pretty sure what to do, so we had little choice but to go with their catch up program.

It was a real pain in the neck trying to sort all this out, so be absolutely sure of what has been done, and that may save you some future grief.
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

I'm pretty sure the vaccin. shots are in English too but will check again...Have only had the 1 after the birth...next one was scheduled 2 months after the 1st..Good advice though.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

When my kid was young he had a vaccination card that had all the names of vaccines and due dates printed on it so it was easy to follow and they'd put down when each was done.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:23 pm When my kid was young he had a vaccination card that had all the names of vaccines and due dates printed on it so it was easy to follow and they'd put down when each was done.
Yes, you can get that leaflet in any clinic. Also, each vaccin comes with a sticker with the name in latin. You could buy a vaccinaties book And put the sticker in, together with the date. When you firdt start the vaccination schedule you will think you’re In full control But a schedule conbined with an overview of all shots already received makes live easy And Sometimes schools (overseas) require it.
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

ImageImageImageImageI havn't been given any stickers....Should I be asking for them?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

FYI:
vac needed for America, this is the list i used we went back and she was 4 years old

this was her shot card
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic