Plus-size Asian Women.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Plus-size Asian Women.

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

A photograph created by Michelle Elman and Linda Blacker.

These plus-size Asian women posed in ball gowns for a breathtaking viral photo shoot to make a statement about representation

Amanda Krause
August 6, 2019

A set of body-positive photos depicting Asian women dressed in stunning ball gowns has gone viral.

Michelle Elman, an author and body-confidence coach, teamed up with photographer Linda Blacker to create photos that would show “a small sample of the diversity within Asia,” according to Elman’s Instagram page. The two shared the images on July 28, and have since received more than 34,000 likes collectively on Instagram.

INSIDER recently spoke with Elman about the photos, as well as the importance of representing diverse groups of people in the media. See the striking portraits below.

Full https://www.businessinsider.my/photos-c ... en-2019-8/
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: Plus-size Asian Women.

Post by Phnom Poon »

propaganda, under the guise of good-intentioned "inclusiveness"

or to make fat american women feel better?

men prefer a waist/hip of around 0.7
because evolution

monstra mihi bona!
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Phnom Poon wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:50 pm
men prefer a waist/hip of around 0.7
Variations do occur, these differences directly proportional to the volume of whiskey or beer consumed, as we're all aware. I experienced a particularly large dissimilitude last year ..."And that's all I have to say about that."
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Hardly diverse.. all i see us heart disease and diabetes.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Well thank fuck they aren't in bikinis.
Elman also said she hoped to “demonstrate that Asian women are just as beautiful and fashionable as any other race"
That was never in doubt. Demonstrating beauty/ fashion by using a bunch of obese people in ball gowns doesn't work. The only positive thing about it is that it dispels any myth that all Asian women are svelte.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Post by The Seawolf »

Bet most of them are from Malaysia and Singapore. The food there is terrible. Drowned in fat, giant portions, deep fried. Fat is not beautiful. Ever.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

I would suspect that places like Long Beach may supply heir fair share of plus sized Asians.
Wont be too many pizza shops away from producing our own!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Putting a joint between the lips of a few skinny Asian chicks would have offered up a better/healthier image to promote fashionable diversity rather than trying to smuggle it in via a group unhealthy over-weight gluttonous leviathans, surely.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I think we should balance out this thread with some plus sized men...OK, I couldn't find Asian and only one man but this will do... :wave:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Gorgeous, shame Gavin isnt here to comment.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic