Angelina Jolie Shows Off Cambodian Property in a New Ad

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Angelina Jolie Shows Off Cambodian Property in a New Ad

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

...her latest starring turn in a fragrance commercial for Mon Guerlain "is set in the rural surroundings of Angelina Jolie’s Cambodian home,"

Angelina Jolie maintains a deep connection to the Southeast Asian nation of Cambodia. Not only was her eldest son, Maddox, born there, but her 2017 critically lauded directorial effort First They Killed My Father chronicled the country's dark days under the Khmer Rouge. The actress also maintains a home in the country, but details about her secluded property there aren't readily available to the public. So it's quite interesting that her latest starring turn in a fragrance commercial for Mon Guerlain "is set in the rural surroundings of Angelina Jolie’s Cambodian home," according to the French company.

It's unclear if the bedroom shown in the ad actually belongs to Jolie, but the shots of the country's breathtaking natural beauty certainly make clear why Jolie enjoys her time there. In the 45-second clip, Jolie flits around in bed in only a sheet, and then jaunts through a light sunshower in the jungle. Jolie agreed to become the face of the perfumer because it was the favorite of her mother, the late Marcheline Bertrand. Jolie's fees from her work with the brand are said to go directly to charity.

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/angelin ... n-cambodia
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Re: Angelina Jolie Shows Off Cambodian Property in a New Ad

Post by The Seawolf »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:32 am her 2017 critically lauded directorial effort First They Killed My Father
She managed to take some extremely dramatic subject matter and turn it into 2 hours of total boredom.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

In this part of the world in the 70's a new acid case like this would turn up on the street weekly, daily in Bali.
I once had the harrowing experience of trying to get the australian embassy's help in trying to repatriate one who was running wild, free and nearly naked around Bangkok.

Watching this ad just gave me a severe case of the heebie jeebies - exactly the same mad look and behaviour.

Poor Angelina, i always suspected it would end this way.
The good news is - if we can get her back home soon, and she lays of the psychedelics for a couple of months, she has a good chance of returning to nearly normal. (but never quite the same)
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Post by The Seawolf »

I thought she had breast cancer anyway.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

The Seawolf wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:27 am I thought she had breast cancer anyway.
What's that got to do with the price of fish !!!
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Post by The Seawolf »

Because she shows off her side boobs in the advert. I thought she had em lopped off.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Sorry I watched the add and didn't see any Cambodia or was it the first second at the beginning
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

SFA of Cambodia in the advert, a leaf or two at best.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

I have to come clean here and say I wasn't really taking much notice of the foliage. :oops:
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Post by The Seawolf »

Yeah I didn’t get a gander at her lady garden either
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic