Foreign Women Posted Picking Up Trash in Siem Reap

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Re: Foreign Women Posted Picking Up Trash in Siem Reap

Post by siliconlife »

Nothing like some white folk to show the noble savages who knows better! Who needs bins when you have attention-seeking tourists, eh? Maybe they could pick up some trash around my village too, as it's far filthier than that river, which actually has employed cleaners...
Last edited by siliconlife on Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
la8rat
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by la8rat »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:36 pm This is great work by the young ladies. Even if they didn’t pick up huge amounts of trash they are accomplishing much more by raising awareness and setting an example.

Unfortunately, and as is the norm here, the value in what these women are doing is lost to many who only see them for their looks. Some can’t view women as more than objects and it’s disheartening. These women should be encouraged and applauded for their actions, their physical appearance is irrelevant here.
Surley looking sexy is going to draw more attention to this great deed than looking unsexy.
3 chubby old guys doing the same, would not have made it onto page 1.
Just saying.
A lie can get round the world faster than the truth can get its boots on.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I saw today that as part of the renovation of the river front, all thrash cans were removed......
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

la8rat wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:56 pm
GMJS-CEO wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:36 pm This is great work by the young ladies. Even if they didn’t pick up huge amounts of trash they are accomplishing much more by raising awareness and setting an example.

Unfortunately, and as is the norm here, the value in what these women are doing is lost to many who only see them for their looks. Some can’t view women as more than objects and it’s disheartening. These women should be encouraged and applauded for their actions, their physical appearance is irrelevant here.
Surley looking sexy is going to draw more attention to this great deed than looking unsexy.
3 chubby old guys doing the same, would not have made it onto page 1.
Just saying.
Apparently it took the photographer by surprise too! There was no gimmick attached to this task. The blonde girl alone, had cleared the whole section of litter from the riverbank in her day's effort, of making the area better for other visitors. I understand the two other girl just happened too be looking at the river and taking photo's of themselves on holiday.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Post by The Seawolf »

Of course their looks are irrelevant. Of course they are doing a good job. That doesn’t take away from the question: if you had to, which one?

I’d go for the bull dyke chick with the nips rocking the Viking vibes.

:Yahoo!:
Lost50
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lost50 »

Nice they try. Won't make an iota of difference. The locals will replentsh the removed trash within hours.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

The Seawolf wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:15 pm That doesn’t take away from the question: if you had to, which one?
Sure, like as if any of them would let you (or myself for that matter) anywhere near them. :lol:
Last edited by John Bingham on Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Post by SINUS »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:19 pm
After sharing the pictures on social media, many Cambodians thanked them.
Khmers thanked the girls for cleaning the city and began to continue to throw garbage on the side of the road.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

SINUS wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:31 pm Khmers thanked the girls for cleaning the city and began to continue to throw garbage on the side of the road.
I'd throw garbage around too if it encouraged scantily clad young foreigners to wander around my neighborhood picking it up. :evil:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

I certainly applaud them and hope they influence others in disposing of trash. I'm a guy, did I rate them? of course...

when I ask Cambodians why they throw shit on the ground, their reply is "someone will pick it up." I feel that this, sadly, vindicates their opinions.
Still here, in country...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic