Caught my eye, photos in Cambodia :)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Re: Caught my eye, photos in Cambodia :)

Post by SINUS »

SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Post by SINUS »

rain season :)

SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Post by SINUS »

It is not yet known which of us are more people - horses, or we.

AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Always "hope" but never "expect".
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

SINUS wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:00 am It is not yet known which of us are more people - horses, or we.

The horse has caught her eye, I wonder what she is thinking.
SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Post by SINUS »

AndyKK wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:19 am
SINUS wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:00 am It is not yet known which of us are more people - horses, or we.

The horse has caught her eye, I wonder what she is thinking.
Are you interested in the thoughts of a girl or a horse? :)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

When I mentioned she, I was referring to the child's thoughts. But if the horse is a she, a upstanding mare of formed plastic would not have a reply, but nay, children may dream and fantasize in those young years. I also would imagine an unforgettable meeting.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Post by SINUS »

AndyKK wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:15 pm When I mentioned she, I was referring to the child's thoughts.
I think that the girl remembered a famous anecdote about a talking horse in a circus. :)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

SINUS wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:29 pm
AndyKK wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:15 pm When I mentioned she, I was referring to the child's thoughts.
I think that the girl remembered a famous anecdote about a talking horse in a circus. :)
A voice bellowed out into the crowd, announcing the acts. He sounded joyful and managed to make everything seem exciting and fun. After listing almost everything else, he called out "Signor Bellini and his magnificent dancing horses!" All at once, there was a great clamour from the stables, whinnying and kicking the doors, almost as if everyone knew: that was us, we were performing. Though to the audience it may have sounded excitable and gleeful, the horses' eyes were wide with unhidden dread at what was to come.

The show began. We listened through clowns, dancers, tightrope workers and trapeze artists. Just as I was beginning to dose off, I heard a soft footfall outside my stall. I jerked awake and peered out curiously. I couldn't see anyone, no one at all! I glanced down, to see if there were any spare scraps of hay, and to my utmost surprise, I saw the same small girl who had earlier watched in dismay.

Staring up at me, she seemed concerned and worried. I think she must have been older than I first thought, maybe twelve or thirteen. She tentatively reached out a hand to stroke me, and I flinched away automatically.

"Shhhh" she murmured softly, and I slowly moved forward again, touching my muzzle softly to her hand. Smiling softly, she stroked up and down my face kindly.

"What have they done to you?" she whispered, obviously shocked at my appearance. There were many cuts across my muzzle, and in one place all the fur had been worn away. However the worst of the damage was on my hindquarters. There were battered and bloody, with little hair in places. My ribs showed clearly through my skin, this was made even more noticeable as I shuddered, my whole body shaking for a while. The girl looked up at me, frightened and with nothing she could do.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic